amesterdam airport.

irishjim

Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me how far it is to this airport from the ships pier and the cost to hire a cab to get there,is it possible to make a 9.55am flight as my next flight would not be untill 9.20pm

Thank you all in advance.

Jim.:cool::cool:

If you take the train, which would be a short tram ride away it would take you 45 minutes with the best conections. The airport is very huge, and their are several checks to go to North America. You would need to be at the airport at least three hours before your flight. Much better to spend the day in the city. There is a hotel nearby and a couple near the train station. Suggest you leave your cases there with bellman. Walk the lovely city or take a tour.

This would be tight. A train runs from Central Station to Schipohl Airport every fifteen to twenty minutes, and takes about twenty minutes to get there. The Central Station is nearby the cruise ship pier, but you would have to deal with luggage over a block or two of walkways. Taxis can take twenty five to fifty minutes, depending upon the day of the week, but you are at the mercy of traffic.

Amsterdam is a great city (I've lived there) so a day exploring waiting for your evening flight isn't all bad.

We ran into a similar problem on our return home.Our flight was not until 3 We wanted to drop off luggage in storage and go back to the City Center.The lockers were not large enough for our luggage,and the airline would not let us check our bags in early.We and many others waited and waited.Very boring but nothing we could do about it.When we were able to check in it was better,but we really had a lot of wasted time.

Now if they offered the send your luggage ahead that would have been perfect,but I don't think that is offered for International flights.

Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me how far it is to this airport from the ships pier and the cost to hire a cab to get there,is it possible to make a 9.55am flight as my next flight would not be untill 9.20pm

Thank you all in advance.

Jim.:cool::cool:

Hi Jim and greetings from Amsterdam.

Ships normally dock around 07.00am and disembarkation starts at around 07.30/08.00 am. Taxis are in front of the terminal and would cost nowadays around EURO 50.-. Because of peak commuter travel on the already congested roads you should allow yourself at least 45 minutes to reach Schiphol. Depending on which airline you are booked please note there are 2 terminals.

Depending on which gate your flight is leaving it may take you between 5 to 15 minutes to reach the gate after customs. To be honest the departure time of 09.55 believe it to be too tight.

Peter

Archived