information please re Caribbean cruise

Lewing

We are on Aurora in April for a 21 day caribbean cruise. Can anyone who has been to the caribbean tell us how 'chilly' it is on sea days when sitting on deck? Hubby is a bit cold blooded so wondering what clothing he might need in the way of any jumpers??!!??

Also is there any sea life we can hope to sea in these waters?

Many thanks

Linda

We are on Aurora in April for a 21 day caribbean cruise. Can anyone who has been to the caribbean tell us how 'chilly' it is on sea days when sitting on deck? Hubby is a bit cold blooded so wondering what clothing he might need in the way of any jumpers??!!??

Also is there any sea life we can hope to sea in these waters?

Many thanks

Linda

I assume you mean a roundtrip from Southampton, in which case the first and last two or three days may well be chilly, but otherwise it should be warm and HOT.

I'd say take a couple of sweaters and a couple of pairs of long trousers for daytime and he should be fine.

Crossing the Atlantic we have seen scores of Dolphins, Turtles, Flying Fish, a few Whales and some massive fish - and I mean 2-3 metres long.

Have a fab time.

Hi Gill

Thanks for that - yes we are doing a round trip from Southampton. Just thought that with two lots of four days at sea (even though its in the Caribbean) thought that with the ship moving it might still be blowey and chilly, so thanks for your thoughts and really look forward to using our binoculars to see what we can see

Linda

Hi Lewing,

I agree with everything that Gill has told you above.

Though, once on leaving Barbados we had misty conditions for two or three days which made it quite chilly out on deck when we had expected hot/warm weather.

Have you looked at the P&O website? The shore excursions are now showing on line on your cruise personaliser. Whilst you are there if you log in and look in community, go to groups and search R102 and there is a group there for chat, discussion, questions and answers and you might get more information there as there doesnt seem to be very much going on on this site about this particular cruise.

The evenings get chilly as well.. Sun set happens quite quickly and around 6pm so you may then need a warm top.. Its a good tip where ever you cruise is to take layers.... as being at sea the temperature can be quite different to land holidays. I find a pashmina a great help on a cruise as you can have it tucked in a bag .. and whip it out as you need it.. either as a scarf or wrap. So often the prom deck is quite ' brisk' what ever the latitude..

Just thought, having read the above post about a pashmina. We have found that sometimes in the hot places the ship has the air conditioning on quite cool. So a pashmina for the inside in the evenings is very useful.

We like the ship cool, especially in the MDR as if it is too hot it can make the meal a very uncomfortable and unhappy experience. But if you are wearing a strappy dress and it is too cool that can be just as bad!

Could you just explain again how to get into Community please? I have gone into my cruise personaliser, but cannot see Commumity anywhere, just all my details, shore excursions etc. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Not very computer literate!!! Thank you:confused:

Hi

I am not very good at computers, so I hope I can explain!!

Its not on the cruise personaliser. But on the P&O website. There is a tool bar type thing at the top of the page of the P&O site. Which reads:

"Home|Find & Book Cruises|Our Ships|Desinations|P&O Cruise Experience|How Can We help|COMMUNITY|Your Account"

I think you have to register to be able to use the Community Section.

Once logged on, click community, then Groups, and seach for the cruise or topic you want. Once you have joined the group you can just click Community and then on the right hand side you can click Your Groups under quick links and it will take to right to any groups you have joined.

Hope you can find what you are looking for.

Once you have found the page with the Community box on and click it, it will tell you all about registering. You can then also use the forum too.

What cruise are you on?

Archived