Almost back from Marquesas cruise

shorton

I'm writing this from our day room at the Tahiti Radisson (free wi-fi) as we wait to be bused to the airport for our overnight flight to LA. Absolutely fabulous cruise!!!! I will post a full trip report when we get home to Oregon.

We are walking to McDonald's for dinner. Buffet at hotel is $78 per person plus tax.

$78!! Thats crazy - we are 8 of us! I think I will just visit the Marche in the morning and load up on some victuals.

In the past we have let early for the airport by taxi and had a snack there. The service used to be very slow at the Radisson so I guess they now have a buffet. Or what it their Polynesian night buffet and dance?

We were with Shorton and I have to say we had a great time too. I shall see what Shorton writes later on and then may add anything that I feel was relevant to me. The buffet at the Radisson is crazy but the walk to McDonalds turned out to be too far in the heat. We settled for burgers in the hotel bar restaurant and they are pretty large so you can share one. It was more reasonable than the buffet but maybe someone else will discover a restaurant nearby. There is a Chinese one but again there wasn't time to be back for departure to the airport. We are already thinking of returning to the Paul Gauguin next year. We loved Bora Bora, and Moorea. The color of the ocean is incredibly beautiful.

My wife and I split a cheeseburger at the Radisson. No drinks. $25. Will get started on trip report in next few days. Marquesas cruise was the best we have ever taken. As I told other people on the ship: No cruise is perfect, but this is as close as it gets.

Archived