Sun, aft balcony 8th deck, noise from theater?

lanceholt

We are planning a transatlantic on the Sun and are considering an aft balcony on the 8th deck. I looked at the deck plans and the theater is below it. I am wondering if there is much noise at night and more important during the day if/when they are rehearsing.

This thread might help you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1312691&highlight=aft+balcony+sun

Can't say much about the noise as the deck 8 is upbove the BALCONY of the theater, we were down the hall in 8060 and it was a great location to everything except the observation lounge :D

I don't think there are a lot of noise at night, the rehearsals weren't long that I can remember, and the theater is where Bingo was held in the late mornings. I think you'll be happy, those balconies are great, nice and deep.

I loved the transatlantic we took on her in October. It was truly a relaxing two weeks. The only downer was the fact we had to skip Ponta Delgada, so we only visited Lisbon in our massive port schedule. ;)

Have a wonderful time.

I asked this question along with others concerning the aft facing balconies in a thread I started. I got a lot of replies and even answered my own questions here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27580100&postcount=28

Below is the portion of my post regarding noise.

Originally Posted by Glendy viewpost.gif

I am so very confused. I love the idea of an aft facing balcony but am a little concerned about the sound from the lounge below.

There was noise. Depending on which show the bass could be quite loud. Was it a deal breaker? NO!

I would, however, advise someone who was traveling with children and wanted them to sleep early not to choose this deck. I bet moving up to deck 9 would solve that issue.

I asked this question along with others concerning the aft facing balconies in a thread I started. I got a lot of replies and even answered my own questions here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27580100&postcount=28

Below is the portion of my post regarding noise.

There was noise. Depending on which show the bass could be quite loud. Was it a deal breaker? NO!

I would, however, advise someone who was traveling with children and wanted them to sleep early not to choose this deck. I bet moving up to deck 9 would solve that issue.

I should add that if I were on a TA and could choose between an aft facing balcony and a any other balcony I would go for the aft facing balcony regardless of what deck it was on. That balcony is gorgeous.

You aren't going to be able to fit two loungers, a chair and a table on a standard balcony. Yes, that all fits just fine. We just asked our cabin steward, Miguel for another lounger and he obliged. We did leave him an extra tip for his trouble.

If you would like to look at some pictures of an aft facing balcony cabin, click on my link below.

@lanceholt -

We were in cabin 8278. Yes, there was some noise during rehearsals, but not enough to be bothersome. Balcony is great, it adds considerable living area to the cabin.. Because the bottom part of the railing is solid steel (part of the hull), you will not see the water while lying in bed. You'd have to sit up to do that.

We were in cabin 8278. Yes, there was some noise during rehearsals, but not enough to be bothersome.
I've just done a week on deck 8 here - first time on this deck. I agree with both Ask4Jay and Glendy. I'd rather that there wasn't any noise, and it would be wrong to pretend that there isn't any. But if there were no aft cabins on 9 or 10, I'd happily take the occasional noise in a cabin on 8 rather than have a cabin in an entirely different location on the ship.

Archived