Dress code

Lady Scorpio

I was just about to book a P&O caribbean cruise but have seen a couple of posts saying that men have to wear a jacket on formal and semi-formal nights in the bars. Not bothered about the main dining rooms as we would use the buffet on those evenings, but no way hubby would want to take a jacket. Can't believe that you would be restricted to where you could drink if you didn't have a jacket? Also, with regard to the buffet restaurants, what type of food could we expect? I did read somewhere that they do different themes every night - is that right or is there one of the buffets where you can get english type food every night?

Some bars do request a suit, not just a jacket is worn, but most men will be in a dinner suit (black tux with bow tie) on a formal night.

Even on semi formal nights men are requested to wear a jacket. There are a couple of bars where you can go I suppose but most people will be in formalwear.

The buffets do have a different theme everynight, - Indian, Chinese, Mexican, Englieh, American etc, but I think they serve other food as well. Which ship are you thinking of?

A lot depends on which ship you sail. Ventura is less formal than the others, and does not have semi-formal nights, thank goodness. There are 4 formal nights in a 2 week cruise on which jacket and tie are required, but this requirement only applies to the main and select restaurants and to 2 bars - The Red Bar and Metropolis. Casual dress is acceptable everywhere else. Azura is much more formal, so if you dislike formality avoid her and choose Ventura instead.

Archived