Changing our Luggage Tags

tlm

We've upgraded from an AC on deck 9 to an AB on deck 11. It's too late to have new luggage tags sent out so we were told to just cross out our old suite number and write in the new one.

Does the present colour (brown) of the tags have anyting to do with the cabin location?

Should I use the paper tags from the NCL website? Or just follow the instructions I received?

Thanks for your help

Toni

You should be able to go to your edocs on ncl.com and print out luggage tags for the new suite....they are 'flimsy' but we either laminate them or wrap wide clear packing tape around them to make them stiff and then staple them on our luggage the night before boarding. Have not had any problems with getting our bags on time this way.

We've upgraded from an AC on deck 9 to an AB on deck 11. It's too late to have new luggage tags sent out so we were told to just cross out our old suite number and write in the new one.

Does the present colour (brown) of the tags have anyting to do with the cabin location?

Should I use the paper tags from the NCL website? Or just follow the instructions I received?

Thanks for your help

Toni

On our cruise on 1/1 we upgraded from a balcony to a forward mini-suite a couple of weeks before the cruise. I just took a sharpie and crossed out the deck and cabin number and wrote in the new and our bags were delivered to our new room with no problems. It was a completely different deck and category but they got it right. Just make sure your new number and deck are written clearly and you will be fine.

If you are worried just print new tags on the NCL site or wait until you get to the cruise terminal and ask for some there. If you print some just laminate with clear packing tape and bring something like a mini stapler or more tape to attach firmly.

For my upcoming cruise, I went to the online site and copied the portion that changed into a Word template, printed this portion on labels, and stuck the labels the orginial luggage tags. This way, I had nice and secure tags that were still marked "Priority" for having a suite, but did they were now clearly marked with the right room number.

I printed new tags, laminated them myself (you can bring them to an office supply store and they will do it pretty cheaply), punched a hole in both ends, drew a piece of heavy twine through the holes and attached it to my luggage. I also put a sheet of paper with our names and cabin number inside the luggage just in case the tag does fall off. As someone else posted, you can get tags at the pier, but it is so confusing and crazy once you get to the pier, I wouldn't want to have to worry about getting a tag. All I want to think about is getting on the ship!:D

Archived