ziplines?

alspal2

we are a group of 10 adults we were looking to go on the zipline excursion with shoretrips.com but i have read in the previous board that st lucia is dangerous. Has anyone done this excursion before and think that it is safe to do so. i have never been to st lucia before. we are schedule to go at 9:30 and it is a 4 hour excursion i think. do you think we would have time to visit jalousie beach and if we did how do we get to the beach?

We did the zipline excursion through Carnival in January 2011. Loved it!!!!

Carnival's price $89.99 (18 zips included a 40 foot repel, and Tarzan swing)

ShoreTour: $87.00 (12 zips)

PalmService (Treetop excursion) $100.00 (11 zips)

Rainforest Adventures ($69.00) Same place as Carnival without transportation

we are a group of 10 adults we were looking to go on the zipline excursion with shoretrips.com but i have read in the previous board that st lucia is dangerous. Has anyone done this excursion before and think that it is safe to do so. i have never been to st lucia before. we are schedule to go at 9:30 and it is a 4 hour excursion i think. do you think we would have time to visit jalousie beach and if we did how do we get to the beach?

Dangerous how? We spent a week there two years ago. Drove all over the place. Even went to the "jump up" in Anse la Raye at night by ourselves.

It's no dangerous than any other city or place.

We did the ziplines in Dennery. No worries.

There are many zipline operators. Getting to Jalousie will depend on which operator you use.

• 2 weeks later...
We did the zipline excursion through Carnival in January 2011. Loved it!!!!

Carnival's price $89.99 (18 zips included a 40 foot repel, and Tarzan swing)

ShoreTour: $87.00 (12 zips)

PalmService (Treetop excursion) $100.00 (11 zips)

Rainforest Adventures ($69.00) Same place as Carnival without transportation

HOW WAS THE DRIVE TO GET THERE-DID ANYONE GET MOTION SICK AND HOW LONG DID IT TAKE? tHX

I did the ziplining with Princess. The drive took about 45 minutes. No one on our bus had any trouble with the drive. The zipline was SO much fun. We also did the challenge course and it was challenging to say the least. It was down right crazy; but fun. I would highly recommend ziplining.

Remember if you want to do ziplining on your own the taxi to get there may bring the cost up to be the same as thru the ship. Enjoy.

We just got back from doing the Palm Tree adventure zipline in St. Lucia. They picked us up at the pier and it was about a 30-40 minute drive. NOt sure as the tour guide gave us a lot of info as we rode. No motion sickness but the roads are windy. We thought it was great and feels incredibly safe. Equipment very secure. They had 12 ziplines and 3 of them were 800 feet long. We paid $85 and that included the transport there and back. We had a great time and I would do again in a minute.

I did the ziplining with Princess. The drive took about 45 minutes. No one on our bus had any trouble with the drive. The zipline was SO much fun. We also did the challenge course and it was challenging to say the least. It was down right crazy; but fun. I would highly recommend ziplining.

Remember if you want to do ziplining on your own the taxi to get there may bring the cost up to be the same as thru the ship. Enjoy.

I agree! We just did this thru Princess for the second time and it was very fun. You actually get a nice tour there and back.

Janet

Seems like Princess has 2 different ziplining tours at different places.

Need help here pls.

It looks like Palm Service is being used by the ship ( I wrote to them asking for excursion rate, but if contracted by ship I will just do it thru ship).

The ship tour goes to Tree top adventure which is Palm service???? I think??

This tour is the 79$ pp and on your own it is 100-20% , which is 80.

Then they offer a tram and canopy tour with 9 ziplines with ocean views for 99 each.

Can anyone give me any insights into these different offers.

We have done ziplining with private tour in Costa rica and it was UNRUSHED and uncrowded. Never did it with a ship tour, but the price is not a factor here, since it is the same.

HELP PLS

WE were thinking of Kayaking but it all seems so tame. it describes it as calm kayak ride in Pigeon Island which is where Palm service also has a tour, but through the ship it again is the same price.

Is Kayaking a snooze???

I want to say the Princess excursion we did had 11 ziplines. When we went in March they had a excursion for $99. It included the 11 ziplines, lunch, and the heart pumping incase challenge course I mentioned. If there any adrenaline junkies out the challenge course in a must do.

I will be on a Princess Cruise that leaves San Juan on March 20 and my friend and I would like to go on a zipline tour. We are trying to decide between Antigua and St. Lucia for that excursion. Has anyone been on both of these or have any insight into which one would be a better choice? This will be our first time for ziplining!

Thanks!

The challenge course and zipline course is not offered on our STAR Princess cruise. Only the zipline for 79$. If I do it on my own it will be 80 but i do not think they would do that since they are contracted with PCL already.

Now if i want to do the adventure challenge course also which does come with lunch I am not sure what they would do.

I saw utube on each of the courses, and it looked like it was wooden logs, wire, suspension ladder bridges...that you just walk across high up in the air.

Not sure how much fun this will be...anyone???? Is it worth the 25$ more than the zipline only?

The challenge course was alot of fun. You did just walk across things like wire and logs but you often did not have anything to hold on to; at least not constantly. I have little to no fear but my heart was pumping just as fast as it could.

Let me put it this way, those of us that did the challenge course wore a different wrist band. Afterwards employees asked if we did it. They said they would never do it as it was crazy. The zipline was baby stuff comparied.

It is well worth $25 in my opinion.

I will be on a Princess Cruise that leaves San Juan on March 20 and my friend and I would like to go on a zipline tour. We are trying to decide between Antigua and St. Lucia for that excursion. Has anyone been on both of these or have any insight into which one would be a better choice? This will be our first time for ziplining!

Thanks!

I looked at both and decided on St Lucia because there were more ziplines. That may help you decide.

HOW WAS THE DRIVE TO GET THERE-DID ANYONE GET MOTION SICK AND HOW LONG DID IT TAKE? tHX

We've been to St. Lucia before......we take Bonine so we don't get car sick.

Last time we went to St. Lucia I told my family to take the Bonine. My husband said, "No, I'll be fine." Well after about 20 minutes he was car sick and took the Bonine then......and it doesn't really work that way.

This year, we all took the Bonine, and we had no problems. I suggest you take something even if you don't usually get sick (like my husband) because the roads have alot of curves and after Tomas (the hurricane) the roads are in even worse shape. The drivers drive very fast and whip around the roads......it's easy to get car sick.

We did the Palm Services zip line and booked through Franks Tours. We had a group of 15, and it was great. Everyone thought it was a blast! I have zip lined in Puerto Vallarta, Panama, and St Lucia, and I think that St Lucia placed second after Puerto Vallarta as the best zip line runs.

I had to email Frank multiple times due to the complexity of planning a group tour. He was great to work with!!!!! We then went on to Ti Kaye beach for lunch and a little sand/swim time. We all really enjoyed ourselves, and I would book with Frank again!

Archived