Taking towels off the ship?

sharod

Just a quick question:D

We will be on the Allure in March and I was wondering if you can take RCI's beach towels off the ship for excurions.

We have 2 non RCI excurions booked that we will need beach towels. Can you take them off the ship, or should we plan on bringing our own?

We will be returning them, as I know that RCI can/will charge you for not returning them.

Thanks for anyone that can answer this question for me:)!

Yes, you can take them off. Just bear in mind that you are on the hook for them if they go missing. (which shouldn't be a problem - just saying)

Thank you for your quick reply!! No problems with returning them, as they will either be locked in a locker, or on my person in a tote!!!

Thanks again!

I wouldn't use precious luggage space toting towels, if I were flying to a port.

I have had friends who fly into a port a few days early who have bought beach towels...and then left them behind after the cruise is done.

If you can drive to the port you can certainly bring your own.

I don't have issues using the RCI towels...but it wouldn't shock me if some pax would "borrow" someone elses towels in order to replace some they had misplaced.;)

I wouldn't use precious luggage space toting towels, if I were flying to a port.

I have had friends who fly into a port a few days early who have bought beach towels...and then left them behind after the cruise is done.

If you can drive to the port you can certainly bring your own.

I don't have issues using the RCI towels...but it wouldn't shock me if some pax would "borrow" someone elses towels in order to replace some they had misplaced.;)

Yes, I would rather not have to waste precious suitcase space with taking towels along!

And I do hate when things "grow legs and walk away", that's why I never leave anything unattended.

Yes, I would rather not have to waste precious suitcase space with taking towels along!

And I do hate when things "grow legs and walk away", that's why I never leave anything unattended.

It helps if you have family members or a friend to watch things when you go into the water, etc...but that isn't always the case.

So you have to hope that while you are preoccupied someone doesn't help themselves to your things.:eek:

In answer to your original question - yes you can take the towels off the ship. On excursions I have never heard of towels going missing but there is always a first time for everything but it would not be my concern!! Good luck and happy sailing!!:)

It helps if you have family members or a friend to watch things when you go into the water, etc...but that isn't always the case.

So you have to hope that while you are preoccupied someone doesn't help themselves to your things.:eek:

Losing a towel due to inattention during a shore excursion would be the least of my worries. Most likely my camera, wallet etc. would be of much more interest to nefarious individuals.:rolleyes:

I prefer to carry a travel towel for shore excursions because they are not bulky like normal beach towels. I can easily carry them in a small bag. They also clean easily and dry quickly. I like Eagle Creek and Aquis brands the best because they are more like normal towels and not chamois.

On my last 7 day cruise I carried only a carry on and I had no trouble carrying a large Eagle Creek towel in my bag.

I generally go on boat snorkle trips when I need a towel so this size is perfect for me.

Shak

I have a quick question about the size of the towels. Are the towels you can take off the ship a nice size - or are they kind of small? If we are sitting on the beach we like nice size beach towels.

Thanks,

Linda

Yea, they are good size towels. They are pretty thick too. Lynda

Archived