Off Freedom 1/29/2011

MNLIvin

Just got off the Freedom 6 day cruise. Not a big wordy review but flet the trip was worth a mention. Ninth cruise, seventh on Carnival. Wife and I, both 60ish, agreed we loved the ship. We talked about it on the flight back to MN and came up with these thoughts.

Was a very clean ship. Even watched a young lady wash the underside of the tables just outside the O2 lounge. People cleaning everywhere.

Serenity was fantastic. The day we set sail we found the hammocks etc. full of folks in their mid teens and I thought that would be the case throughout the trip. Never saw it again, no big problem with chair hogs when we were up there and we found it to be a great addition.

Foods was as good as we have come to expect. I thought the hours of the aft grill was goofy as a port day, just as lines of follks were coming aboard it closed. The line at the fore one extended 2/3 of the way across the ship. Not saying there was not plenty of places to eat but I would have expected the hamburger joint to be open at that time.

Rooms etc were all we have learned to expect. Small, neat and clean. I have no idea how they keep them clean. We popped in and out all day and never saw the cleaning guy in there but it was always taken care of.

MDR, table 338 had one of the best serving staff we have found. Excellent.

I have no idea what the drinkiing age is but know is is way below 21. Another guy and I watched a young fellow go get a beer several times one evening. The next afternoon we saw him sitting by himself so we kind of wandered over and struck up a casual conversation. Finall got around to his age. 16. Looked maybe 18.

Little disappointed in the shows. There were 3 shows, the other nights the comedy club stuff but that was packed beyond capacity. I would have thought if there was no show, move the comedian to the theater where there is more room. Maybe thats just me.

Saw the Captain and other officers strolling around the boat quite a lot and would stop to say hi and talk to guests. I liked that.

All in all a nice ship with great staff. The Freedom was a ggod choice for us and we will certainly try and sail her again.

Joe

We were on the same cruise as you. We had an excellent time. Didn't hurt that it was our first platinum cruise. LOVED that! Huge line when we got there and we got to walk right past it all. We were literally on the boat heading to the lido 15 minutes after exiting the cab.

Our room steward and dining room servers were the best we've ever had. We are actually getting a gift package together for our waiter who we ended up having excellent conversations with throughout the week. What a great guy!

We loved the serenity deck. Hubby and I spent several hours up there. It was also nice to watch the NFL playoffs on the jumbo screen.

Glad you cruise was good too. Can't wait to sail the Freedom again this June.

Archived