Whats Up With All The Cards Thingy

jlmkey

[quote name='icyfrost']my neighbors do this, heaven forbid they go to a specialty restaurant. 14 cruises and only book inside rooms too. Sad way to live being so darn cheap.[/quote]

Why is it sad? Are they unhappy? Or do you just find it foreign to your way of thinking?

I'm mildly claustrophobic, and don't like crowds and noise, so we "have" to have a balcony. I'd love to be happy in an inside cabin--we could cruise more.

[quote name='donna5']They probably started that because of people abusing the card?[/quote]Yeah. But that's extreme in my opinion. On the other hand, when you check in for a HAL cruise online, they require a pre-authorization of $60/day/pp. So if you're on a 10-day cruise, they will put a hold on your credit card for $600/pp, $1,200/couple.

[quote name='MSMcDuffy']As one who rarely drinks soda and never coffee, I like the current set up. I could get through a long cruise and not spend a dime on any kind of drinks. But if they ever start charging for juice & lemonade then I'm out of luck...[/quote]

They do charge for juice except for breakfast and you have to ask for lemonade up in Horizon Ct.

[quote name='Pia1913']They do charge for juice except for breakfast and you have to ask for lemonade up in Horizon Ct.[/quote]

Fortunately, I'm able to get by on 1 glass of juice in the AM and haven't had a problem getting the lemonade (yet). If possible, I try to buy a case/gallon of water at the embarkation port or one of the first port stops as I like to have bottled water handy all the time. So I guess it's more of a hassle but I don't mind.

[quote name='iluvcruzin']I'm with you jlmkey. It used to be soft drinks were included in the fare. It's just another way for them to make money.[/quote]

that must have been years ago, because I've been cruisi'n since 1992
and have never seen soft drinks included:confused:

[quote name='MSMcDuffy']Fortunately, I'm able to get by on 1 glass of juice in the AM and haven't had a problem getting the lemonade (yet). If possible, I try to buy a case/gallon of water at the embarkation port or one of the first port stops as I like to have bottled water handy all the time. So I guess it's more of a hassle but I don't mind.[/quote]

You can have my share; juice and lemonade. I don't drink either. Coffee, diet Pepsi (Coke when I have to), wine and water; my beverages of choice. :)

[quote name='Pia1913']You can have my share; juice and lemonade. I don't drink either. Coffee, diet Pepsi (Coke when I have to), wine and water; my beverages of choice. :)[/quote]

You need to try good, strong Yorkshire tea :mad:. It cures all ills and keeps you cool, and I don't mean iced tea or that new fancy stuff you'll be (not) trying at 'Leaves' on the Grand. :p

[quote name='u2cruiser']You need to try good, strong Yorkshire tea :mad:. It cures all ills and keeps you cool, and I don't mean iced tea or that new fancy stuff you'll be (not) trying at 'Leaves' on the Grand. :p[/quote]

Sorry U2; not a tea drinker. Then again, sometimes in a chinese restaurant if I'm feeling cold or herbal stuff if I'm feeling sniffly.

[quote name='Pia1913']You can have my share; juice and lemonade. I don't drink either. Coffee, diet Pepsi (Coke when I have to), wine and water; my beverages of choice. :)[/quote]

You have the same beverages of choice as most of my family. They think it strange that I don't drink coffee (okay, once in a blue moon I do). I developed a very sensitive digestive system when I was in my 20's (probably from the overabundance of soda I had as a teenager) and soda burns when it goes down and I have to dilute my juices with water (so I can make that 1 glass of orange juice turn into two).
:)

Archived