Whats Up With All The Cards Thingy

jlmkey

How many cards are they now....soda, coffee, how big is the list gonna grow....set a price for the cruise and be done with it....!
Because they are optional. Most passengers don't get either the soda card, coffee card, or ultimate kids card. I don't, and don't want to pay more for a cruise because someone else wants one or more. If they want a card, they can pay for it themselves.

I'm with you jlmkey. It used to be soft drinks were included in the fare. It's just another way for them to make money.

Lets not be naive, if all the extras were included the fare would expand past the point where most of the cruising public could afford to cruise. That, of course, would lead to the extinction of many cruise lines. If you want all-inclusive, go to the luxury line and pay 2-4 times what you would on Princess.

Everyone wants the things they use included, but not stuff they don't. I have no problem with the cruise lines offering cards for things like sodas and specialty coffees. Remember, before the cards, they were charging for these things. They did not go from free to the card. They went from free to pay for each one to the card.

Everyone wants the things they use included, but not stuff they don't. I have no problem with the cruise lines offering cards for things like sodas and specialty coffees. Remember, before the cards, they were charging for these things. They did not go from free to the card. They went from free to pay for each one to the card.

I was thinking the same thing. Actually if you drink a lot of soft drinks like I do the card is a better value than individual purchases.

I was thinking the same thing. Actually if you drink a lot of soft drinks like I do the card is a better value than individual purchases.

No question, for those who drink lots of sodas each day the soda sticker or card is wonderful. I rarely drink more than two sodas in a month, so for me they are horrible.

This is just another post about entitlement. It's amazing how many people think everything should be included. I wonder about their daily existence, especially when they dine out and have to pay extra for their drinks. Or do they? :confused:

I'm with you jlmkey. It used to be soft drinks were included in the fare. It's just another way for them to make money.

It's been years since soft drink were free on the major cruise lines.

If you want "All Inclusive" pick one of the cruise lines that offer that. But you can expect to pay 3 to 4+ times the cruise fare.

I think the optional extras are a great idea. The extra revenue keeps the cost down for the rest of us.

No one is going to go thirsty and there are juices and coffee included in the price. You don't really need to spend a penny extra if you really don't want to.

Why should anyone pay the extra charge for the others that want to overindulge in any particular item?

I don't like water so I don't use the pool. I also don't use the GYM or the Spa, can we deduct them out of my fare? I think it's chintzy not to include soda in the dining room with meals which used to be included.

We buy the coffee card. Worth every penny.:):)

If everything was included, you would find half full soda drinks, coffee cups, etc all over the place. ;)

I was just about to agree with the original poster, until I read this post. It makes complete sense, and it's so true - the amount of wasted cups and litter at an all-inclusive place is terrible. Paying for each one - either with a card or cash, ensures that this won't become an issue.

I think the optional extras are a great idea. The extra revenue keeps the cost down for the rest of us.

No one is going to go thirsty and there are juices and coffee included in the price. You don't really need to spend a penny extra if you really don't want to.

Now wouldnt that be a sad cruise LOL

When was that? Back in the 80's? Our first cruise was in 1998 and we purchased unlimited sodas for our kids on that cruise.

I did go on one cruise that had unlimited iced tea at the pool. Kids were filling cups and throwing them at each other, I'm sure they would do the same with sodas. I think it would make a massive mess, so I'm happy they don't include sodas with the fare. "Free" to some people (or more correctly included in the fare) means "free for all".

I'm going to vote that people purchase what they want and the rest of us don't subsidize it.

I don't like water so I don't use the pool. I also don't use the GYM or the Spa, can we deduct them out of my fare? I think it's chintzy not to include soda in the dining room with meals which used to be included.

We have only been cruising 10 years so have never had the free sodas in the dining room. However the other things you quote are not consumables. So that point makes no sense at all. Especially the Spa where you pay for treatments. I think sometimes people post to try and start arguements.

Matthew

Hi All

Many of the UK based low cost informal cruise lines are all inclusive,

I for one prefer all inclusive, many people I know will only ever take this type of holiday, they save up they pay for it then thats it, no tips to pay for, no bar bills etc.

May be is a more European thing we all pay a little so we can all share.

yours Shogun

I've been to an all-inclusive resort (more expensive than a cruise) that included free drinks of all kinds. Getting the kind of soda I wanted was a hassle as they appeared to be out most of the time, and people were lined up at the bars from early morning and drunk by noon. I thought that was kind of sad.

The cards are for consumables that are specialty items.

I've been to an all-inclusive resort (more expensive than a cruise) that included free drinks of all kinds. Getting the kind of soda I wanted was a hassle as they appeared to be out most of the time, and people were lined up at the bars from early morning and drunk by noon. I thought that was kind of sad.

The cards are for consumables that are specialty items.

I agree. If specialty coffees were free, I'd never get one, because I wouldn't stand in line that long. I love ice cream, but when you could have it for one hour (or however long it was), there was no way I was going to go stand in that line for it.

Archived