Hilton Amsterdam

clamar

:confused:Our TA cruise will end in Amsterdam and we will be spending one night there before flying out the next morning. I understand the cruise terminal is close to the central train station and near the center of Amsterdam. Does anyone know how far the Hilton is from the dock and what a cab would cost to the hotel ? Is the Hilton near any of the museums ? I believe the airport is a 15 minute drive from the hotel at a cost of approx 40 euros.

Thanks for any information.

Clamar;)

:confused:Our TA cruise will end in Amsterdam and we will be spending one night there before flying out the next morning. I understand the cruise terminal is close to the central train station and near the center of Amsterdam. Does anyone know how far the Hilton is from the dock and what a cab would cost to the hotel ? Is the Hilton near any of the museums ? I believe the airport is a 15 minute drive from the hotel at a cost of approx 40 euros.

Thanks for any information.

Clamar;)

The hilton is in the southern part of Amsterdam. A cab might cost around E. 25.- to get there from the terminal.

To get to the museums from the hotel get a cab again or walk to one of the trams to get there. In the hotel they can give you the right directions to get there.

Check this map for locations:

http://www.amsterdam.info/print/map/

Cruiseterminal is in: B6,

Hilton: not on this mpa, more or less south of C3 or C4.

museums: C3.

Hilton is far out the centre, and as such not suitable if you only have 1 day in Amsterdam. There are many nice hotels in the same quality- and price range closer by the museums and the city centre.

Try the Marriott Amsterdam.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/amsnt-amsterdam-marriott-hotel/

reviews are good and they are close to museums and restaurants.

They offer a senior rate and corporate rate.

They do not offer hotel shuttle but offer an alternative:

This hotel does not provide shuttle service.

• Alternate transportation: Conexxion Schiphol Hotel Shuttle; fee: 15 EUR (one way) ;reservation required
  • Bus service, fee: 4.80 EUR (one way)
  • Subway service, fee: 4.80 EUR (one way)
  • Estimated taxi fare: 35.00 EUR (one way)

• Subway service, fee: 4.80 EUR (one way)
  • Estimated taxi fare: 35.00 EUR (one way)

I have to call into question these last 2 estimates: there is no subway to the Leidseplein, so that would be the cost of the train to Central Station I suppose? For the taxi you should be counting on 40 to 45 Euros. Anything below that, is in my opinion a bonus.

Other than that the estimates may be a bit off or outdated, the Marriott should suit your requirements, as would many others - including Crowne Plaza city centre, Renaissance, Barbizon, Victoria Park Plaza, Jolly Carlton, and so on.

Archived