Explorer of the Seas 9 Apr 2011

mpsrtpsi

We (my wife and I) are going on our 9th cruise with RCCL. This is a pre retirement cruise for me. As I will be completing 28 years 7 mos and 16 days of being a "green suiter" and a most needed get away for her as she is planning our daughter's wedding. :D ???? Anyboby here going on this Ship? From Virginia?

spent 6 cruises split between Mariner and Explorer so they are almost identical, here are some hints:

1. Deck 5 easiest ( prom ) to navigate from front to back stay away from deck 4 at schooner bar during trivia time it becomes hot and congested

2. Solarium is to crowded now on most cruises but there are areas very front or very back above deck 11 that u have privacy and sun and shade

3. Guest relations during dining hours is not a good idea, set your departure time early in the cruise and if you are having auto tip again do it mid afternoon or mid morning when less crowds

4. Do the Portofino's special lunch $ 49, food and drink provided, wife and daughter enjoyed it

5. Deck 14 Viking Lounge very nice, my brother got married on deck 15 many years ago

6. Best hot tub is in the gym

7. This may confuse you but the carpet is different colors on different floors from front to back so traveling back and forth from our rooms to family rooms on a different floor on both ends of the ship you could get turned around for a second or two

8 Nelson Twins was an excellent show, they found out David their uncle died when they were about to board the ship and they still came on and performed and were real nice guys

0. It beats a day at work enjoy yourself

We (my wife and I) are going on our 9th cruise with RCCL. This is a pre retirement cruise for me. As I will be completing 28 years 7 mos and 16 days of being a "green suiter" and a most needed get away for her as she is planning our daughter's wedding. :D ???? Anyboby here going on this Ship? From Virginia?

Hello mpsrtpsi! We will be on this cruise with you! We live in Mechanicsville, small world isn't it? This will be our 1st cruise out of NJ and our 1st on the Explorer. We are driving up on April 8th and staying @ the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth NJ. Wondering if yall would like to meet before the cruise maybe go out to eat or something? We are Jerry (66) and Cathy (59) and this is our 7th RCCL cruise. We sailed on the Allure Jan 23rd, wow is that a huge ship!! E-mail us @ cnj1@comcast.net, we'd love to meet you.

Hello mpsrtpsi! We will be on this cruise with you! We live in Mechanicsville, small world isn't it? This will be our 1st cruise out of NJ and our 1st on the Explorer. We are driving up on April 8th and staying @ the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth NJ. Wondering if yall would like to meet before the cruise maybe go out to eat or something? We are Jerry (66) and Cathy (59) and this is our 7th RCCL cruise. We sailed on the Allure Jan 23rd, wow is that a huge ship!! E-mail us @ cnj1@comcast.net, we'd love to meet you.

Hello Neighbor Sent you a reply to your email. In case wires get crossed here is mine . mpsrtpsi@verizon.net

spent 6 cruises split between Mariner and Explorer so they are almost identical, here are some hints:

1. Deck 5 easiest ( prom ) to navigate from front to back stay away from deck 4 at schooner bar during trivia time it becomes hot and congested

2. Solarium is to crowded now on most cruises but there are areas very front or very back above deck 11 that u have privacy and sun and shade

3. Guest relations during dining hours is not a good idea, set your departure time early in the cruise and if you are having auto tip again do it mid afternoon or mid morning when less crowds

4. Do the Portofino's special lunch $ 49, food and drink provided, wife and daughter enjoyed it

5. Deck 14 Viking Lounge very nice, my brother got married on deck 15 many years ago

6. Best hot tub is in the gym

7. This may confuse you but the carpet is different colors on different floors from front to back so traveling back and forth from our rooms to family rooms on a different floor on both ends of the ship you could get turned around for a second or two

8 Nelson Twins was an excellent show, they found out David their uncle died when they were about to board the ship and they still came on and performed and were real nice guys

0. It beats a day at work enjoy yourself

Thanks for the tips. Since this is my retirement cruise. Plan to take advantage of everything. Many Thanks again

Archived