Statendam BA205 balcony

califgary

All: Ive done some searching on CC to read reviews of this last cabin aft on the Statendam. Ive read this has a larger balcony. Anyone know if this is still the case and any pics would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for any updated info (we are doing Panama Canal on this ship at Christmas)

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, I will be sailing in cabin ba205 in November 2012. Did it look like the pictures that are posted on this thread? I heard that when the ship was refurbished, they made the deck for that cabin a little smaller. Also, did the noise from at the end of the hallway that leads to the back of the ship bother you when people went in and out? I am a little worried about that.

Thanks

Pat and John

Hi, I will be sailing in cabin ba205 in November 2012. Did it look like the pictures that are posted on this thread? I heard that when the ship was refurbished, they made the deck for that cabin a little smaller. Also, did the noise from at the end of the hallway that leads to the back of the ship bother you when people went in and out? I am a little worried about that.

Thanks

Pat and John

We were on BA220 (that is the port side, identical to BA 205) We absolutely loved it. The balcony is a bit larger than the regular balcony, and you have a very nice aft view. We never heard any noise in the hallways, and we used to go to the upper decks using the stairs at the aft of ship. We were on the Maasdam, which is identical to Statendam and Ryndam. Have a great cruise.

Thanks

Pat and John

Hi yes the balcony is exactly as pictured above and we did enjoy it very much! The door to the aft area was broken while we were on our cruise and the piece of the door that "softened" the closing of the door was off, so yes during the daytime (especially if it was windy) BA205 would rattle - luckily we didnt hear anything at night. This wasnt enough of a nuisance to discourage us next holiday cruise as we have already signed up again for this very room!

Enjoy!

We stayed at BA 220 on ms Ryndam on Mediteranean cruise. I would say this is the best veranda cabin on similar ships. The balcone is about 70% larger, you can always coutch some sun and some shade in it. No noise, etc.

Will be staying againg in such cabin on coming Caribbean cruise on Maasdam.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you who responded about cabin ba205. I had considered changing my room due to the potential noise from the hall door that opens on to the back of the ship (my husband is a very light sleeper), but I love being so close to the stairs to go up on deck.

BA220 is the port side equivalent of starboard BA205. We have stayed in 220 twice on the Maasdam and love it. We have never heard any noise that would bother us, and it makes it so convenient through the back stairs to go up to the Lido or the aft pool area. Let us know how you liked it. :):):)

Archived