My VERY long Carnival Victory Cruise Jan. 23, 2010 Review

Kitt Lady

Oh, please do post any airfare tips. We live just north of Montana, in Canada (sky high airfare taxes), so our fares are brutal too. Looks like we could pay around $800-1200 for airfare to San Juan. :eek: And some of those itineraries have two stops and are 20 hours! :(

I am trying to be creative and look at flying out of Phoenix or Las Vegas, but that adds an extra day onto the trip each way. I'm sure we'll figure something out. Where there's a will, there's a way.

We are looking at this cruise for next years spring break. I have been watching airfares from Phoenix for months and they have been holding steady at $550 per person on American Airlines.

Kitt Lady: I am loving your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. This may be the best Victory review I ever SEEN:D:D:D ~~ Mandy

We are 8 days away from the same cruise and I can't wait!!!! I have been reading your review and putting myself in your position. We have 11 in our group and all but one stop has been planned out... Can't wait to see if for myself!!

As for airfare, we are flying out of the NE and since it is school vacation week airfares are running @ $500. Not too bad since the cruise is less than that... we opt for the inside cabins and spend the extra on excursions and beverages :rolleyes:

We're loving your review! We sail on Victory March 6th and are counting down the days!

I've noticed that you haven't mentioned much about the food....other than coffee, bagels and banana ketchup, LOL. Did you guys eat on this cruise?? :)

If so, what was good....and what wasn't?

BTW.....loved your response to the Grammar Police! You have a great sense of humor and that's a big part of why your review is so interesting. :D

I love your review and pictures. I was on this cruise back in early September. We had a great time and enjoyed all the beautiful islands. We didn't have a sea day. We also did the turtle snorkel. I am afraid of water myself. lol. But, the turtles were really something to see.

We did the Ultimate Island Experience in St. Thomas when we were on a different cruise. On Victory, we parasailed. I was really nervous but ended up loving it and would do it again. Thanks for doing this review and for sharing your vacation with us.

Pam

We are 8 days away from the same cruise and I can't wait!!!! I have been reading your review and putting myself in your position. We have 11 in our group and all but one stop has been planned out... Can't wait to see if for myself!!

Have a GREAT time!! I fell in love with these islands and the people of the islands. Thay are probably (as a group) the friendliest people I have ever came across.

As for airfare, we are flying out of the NE and since it is school vacation week airfares are running @ $500. Not too bad since the cruise is less than that... we opt for the inside cabins and spend the extra on excursions and beverages :rolleyes:

How far out did you book your air? I was checking for next Jan and it was running close to that. I am just debating on how far out to book it. Last year we paid little ove $800 each. I'm hoping to save in the air this time.

We're loving your review! We sail on Victory March 6th and are counting down the days!

You are going to LOVE it. I can't say enough about the islands - such a great itinarary.

I've noticed that you haven't mentioned much about the food....other than coffee, bagels and banana ketchup, LOL. Did you guys eat on this cruise?? :)

If so, what was good....and what wasn't?

LOL...I have to admit I purposely stayed away from the food subject. DH and I are in the food industry. We own and operate a USDA meatprocessing plant with a retail outlet with catering. (and our oldest child is a Sous Chef) When it comes to food - we are VERY rough critics, so we probably aren't the best to give an opinion on food. We always fall into the...if they would use(fill in the blank) it would be better...or they are calling that cut of meat this and it's really that...

I do know everyone was loving the food...we really weren't impressed with it. I guess that's a down side to doing what we do for a living. I know what I would do to change the food - but I don't cook for 3,000 people either.

BTW.....loved your response to the Grammar Police! You have a great sense of humor and that's a big part of why your review is so interesting. :D

LOL...Thank you...Honesly, after I clicked all I could think...well, it's going to be a free for all now...

I love your review and pictures. I was on this cruise back in early September. We had a great time and enjoyed all the beautiful islands. We didn't have a sea day. We also did the turtle snorkel. I am afraid of water myself. lol. But, the turtles were really something to see.

That was the shame of it for DH...he didn't even see the Turtle. He goes back and forth whether or not he will do it again. I guess that will be something he decides while he's standing with the gear in his hand on the boat...lol

We did the Ultimate Island Experience in St. Thomas when we were on a different cruise. On Victory, we parasailed. I was really nervous but ended up loving it and would do it again. Thanks for doing this review and for sharing your vacation with us.

Pam

Thanks Pam! We looked at the Parasailing - it was on the list of maybe's...lol...but the Ultimate won out...lol

Just for kicks and giggles I went and 'play' booked a cruise for next March (since we usually plan a year in advance) just to see how much airfare would be. Balcony room was $759/person and then airfare was $385 RT/person. Sheesh!!!

I'm still following your review, preparing myself for mine in less than 2 weeks! AAAKKKKKK!

St Kitts, WI (1/28/2011) 8:00am to 6:00pm

(January average Temperature - average high 81 degrees and average 75 low degrees - actual 81 degrees and low of 73 degrees)

1185173080_vQBbo-M.jpg

Zip lining - We did a lot of research on Zip lining on our itinerary, trying to find the Zip line that was what DH was looking for. So after GREAT debate, we chose Carnivals Zip line in St. Kitts. My stomach turned to knots anytime the subject was discussed before the cruise ~heavy, heavy sigh~. January 28, 2011 is the day my lifeless body could be hanging from a rope 12 stories above ground in a foreign country. (See, I have a good attitude going into this....lol)

Off to meet our excursion...

1185173744_BDN2S-M.jpg

1185174363_Qp6Mu-M.jpg

Once we were right inside this building...

THEY WEIGHED US :eek:!! I really didn't want to know how much weight I gained while I'm on vacation!

St. Maarten, NA (1/29/2011) 7:00am to 5:00pm

(January average Temperature - average high 83 degrees and average low 75 degrees - actual 82 degrees and low of 75 degrees)

French Beach Break

Well, we booked this excursion at 29 days until our cruise. Only to realize when I went back to double check the booking - the time was 7:00am to 11:30am!! Ohhh that's not good. We are early risers - but WOW, that's tooooooo early on vacation. We would be leaving as people were getting there. Do I cancel ? Do we break our unwritten rule and do something on our own? Oh what decisions, decisions, decisions...

We kept the excursion and we are very happy we did keep it.

1187512929_eSaty-M.jpg

1187513314_ixgaP-M.jpg

1187515271_qNRUo-M.jpg

1187515757_aBg7Z-M.jpg

1187519184_uMWaA-M.jpg

Archived