Libations - so little time

Milwaukeeee

I believe it's called The 20 Year Martini and its made with Grey Goose La Poire, Rose Essence, Fresh Lime, Fresh Sage, Passion-Ginger Foam and Brut Champagne. It's really good. I don't know anything about the Skinny Martini.

Susan

I'm going to have to try this. I never heard of some of the ingredients...Passion-Ginger Foam sounds interesting !!!

Do they put in any olive, onion or anything?

The wine by the bottle selection on board is very nice. Despite what some say, I also think the prices are pretty reasonable for restaurant/resort type pricing. Another benefit if you're not a big drinker is that you can order a bottle of wine one night and if all you want is part of the bottle they'll cork it and store for the next evening for you. This has allowed us to try some nice wines when we otherwise might have ordered just a glass from their much smaller wine by the glass list.

Does anyone know how I can find a list of wine prices per glass/bottle etc.

Also, is their a mixes drink menu with prices anywhere that you know about. Thanks for any help.

One word: FLIRTINI

I first tried a flirtini on Mercury in 2005. My husband ordered it and said you have to try this you'll like it. Well not only did I like it, I loved it.

For my birthday last year my husband finally went out and bought all the ingredients and we made them at home. While they were very good, being on the ship makes them taste better.

What's in a flirtini??

Discovered this the second formal night of our first back to back. Had to have one before dinner most of the subsequent nights. The recipe, as given by a previous poster, is exactly as given on the "Martini Menu".

I am not into classic martinis - I find them too harsh. This martini is a really classy foo foo drink.

Here's the thing: does anyone know who the bartender in the Martini Bar was during the January 29, 2011 cruise? That person had the drink tweaked to the max - it was superb! Even my DH, who likes the regular type of martini with gin, vermouth, olive or onion or ? thought that it was spectacular.

The second 7 day cruise, there was a different bartender, i'm certain. Although the drink was good, it didn't have the tailoring of the week before. I tried it 4 or 5 times, but I think the previous bartender added extra roses and foam, maybe even two or three times as much. You actually felt as if you were floating on a bed of roses - and that was even before you had more than a couple of sips.

I don't think that I will be able to duplicate this at home. More's the pity. Will just have to keep cruising with Celebrity. :D

Susan

Does anyone know how I can find a list of wine prices per glass/bottle etc.

Also, is their a mixes drink menu with prices anywhere that you know about. Thanks for any help.

The link in the post above is pretty complete for items other than bottles of wine. I have a list that is a couple years old here: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_J9pi2#380496344_Chg4T but it is pretty representative of what they have on board and current prices on most items are not too much higher. S class ships have a bit more variety than my list wich is from an M class ship in 2008.

No one has mentioned the BBC. Now that's one that you don't want to many of.

Baileys, Banana (fresh if you can) and colada mix. Blender, ice and away you go! We had these for the first time a few years ago, in St. Lucia and I've been hooked. I try to have one at sail away and then towards the end of the cruise. They go down quickly and heavy!

Martini - creamy chocolate, no question.

As we spend a lot of time in the Martini Bar with LSimon and friends we all get to try MANY of the martinis. We don't need the sampler, we sample each one anyway, right Larry;)

I'm going to have to try some of these mentioned. March, here we come

Pat C

...Baileys, Banana (fresh if you can) and colada mix. Blender, ice and away you go! We had these for the first time a few years ago, in St. Lucia and I've been hooked. I try to have one at sail away and then towards the end of the cruise. They go down quickly and heavy!...

...As we spend a lot of time in the Martini Bar with LSimon and friends we all get to try MANY of the martinis. We don't need the sampler, we sample each one anyway, right Larry;)...

The BBS sounds good but with the Colada mix might be a bit sweet for me. I doubt if they have it on the ship but have you ever had a drink with banana flavoring made with something called "99 Bananas"? Great stuff! It has a great banana taste like a liqueur but is 99 proof!

Pat - I used to be more adventurous and tried a lot of martinis. Now I have a handful of favorites I stick to, including a few basic ones such as a gin martini (Sapphire with olives please) and a dirty martini (Grey Goose). Also like a couple of the Celebrity fruity martinis such as their apple and citrus - they make them a bit dryer and not so sweet as a lot of bars & restuarants do - I like that.

The link in the post above is pretty complete for items other than bottles of wine. I have a list that is a couple years old here: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_J9pi2#380496344_Chg4T but it is pretty representative of what they have on board and current prices on most items are not too much higher. S class ships have a bit more variety than my list wich is from an M class ship in 2008.

Thank you so much. I really enjoyed reading the menus etc. We are leaving on the Mille March 7th. I also loved your photos. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Did they give you menus to take home? We will do the Olympic twice so hope to enjoy the delicious food.

Archived