Question about carnival

pepsiwoman4711

We are cruising for the first time with our ds, 14 months. I have started to put things together for packing but have a question. So much of our stuff will be used on the cruise like diapers, wipes, snacks that I'll end up coming back with an extra empty suitcase. Can I bring everything I need for DS in a diaper box, tape it securely closed, put luggage tags on it and go? Will the porters take it? Will carnival allow it? I suppose I could always put the content in a duffel bag too, I just thought the box would be easiest and I could leave it on the ship when we leave.

I've put luggage tags on boxes of diapers, bouncie chairs, a regular box taped up with duct tape, etc. Everything has always made it to my cabin - and you're right, it's great to break down the box and have the cabin steward take it away and have that much less to bring home.

Best,

Mia

I'm guilty of checking one of those cases of Dr. Pepper. People have to be honest or someone else who likes Dr. Pepper might have taken it. But no; it arrived with all the other luggage. I like collapsible coolers now for such things. A collapsible bag would be good for you too. Just a thought.

Nancy

Yes we were on the Carnival Legend in January and we did that exact thing. We took a diaper box and put diapers, wipes, snacks, etc in it - taped it up and put a luggage tag on it. Worked out great! Threw the box away before leaving the ship.

Yes, did that for both my kids when they cruised as infants. It always arrived right on time with the rest of the luggage. I just made sure to pack a few ext5ras in the diaper bag we carry on just in case. Then we would just toss the box at the end and throw any leftover diapers into the suitcase.

That is an outstanding idea. We don't have to worry about checking bags for a flight home (driving to the port) but I've been thinking that we would need a separate suitcase just for diapers, wipes, and baby food. This is a much better way of handling the consumables.

Archived