Truth or Consequences

Bridge Maven

I travel 100% of the time for work. Everyone who knows me, or who knows of me, knows this! I do have others come and go from my house and my mom stays there often to watch my dog/make my house look liked in. It's just a fact of life for me! MY sisters are flight attendants - the family business is basically to just never be at home...

Our teenage daughter is "creeped out" by our habit of joining the Roll Calls for upcoming cruises and arranging to meet folks for sailaway celebrations. She says that we are doing exactly what we have taught her not to do ~ connecting with strangers online and arranging to meet them in person.

Although it hasn't stopped me, I do see her point.

What say you?

I say we're adults and can handle it.

some sleazy chat room.

Phil

Definitely sleazy. I've seen talk of bad food, rude staff, lost luggage etc, etc......

Not to mention the threads on how soft the beds are and whether balconies are private or not.

This is hot stuff. :eek:

I think another potential security issue is the "live from..." threads where people start them a few days before they leave and essentially give the reader a map of where they are at any point in time. I've read some where the poster has given so much personal information that it would be very easy for a criminal to find their house and rob it.

Does everyone on here not inform their neighbors and family members that they are going out of town :scratchinghead::confused:

Before leaving for a cruise I let all of our neighbors know and have a family member stop by daily to check on the house, get the mail, etc...

People starting accounts solely to rob people... sure it could happen... but if you are proactive in keeping your house secure I would think the chances were minimal.

A few people think that it is unlikely that anyone would go to the trouble of creating an account on cruise critic just to obtain information to commit a crime. This is a link to an article in today's Connecticut Post. Even though it is about Facebook I think it is very relevant to this thread.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Lawmaker-gets-firsthand-lesson-on-Facebook-1001157.php

Archived