Santo Tomas De Castilla? fun excursion

vols_159

We did this humanitarian tour that is with Go with Gus that was amazing where I brought school supplies and gave to kids at a school. We took a boat on the river and had lunch in Livingston at the guys restaurant, stopped to give the supplies to the children, had tortillas made by a local woman, saw fishermen on boats, got a tour of Livingston. It was a great experience. Guatamala is a beautiful country. I booked this on my own and not thru the cruise ship.

We did this humanitarian tour that is with Go with Gus that was amazing where I brought school supplies and gave to kids at a school. We took a boat on the river and had lunch in Livingston at the guys restaurant, stopped to give the supplies to the children, had tortillas made by a local woman, saw fishermen on boats, got a tour of Livingston. It was a great experience. Guatamala is a beautiful country. I booked this on my own and not thru the cruise ship.

We did the same, but through NCL (with wonderful Evelyn as our tour guide). My brief and limited visit with this Guatamalan port stop made me love it all. For the original poster, this is about looking at how others not as fortunate as the cruise ship passengers live their lives. Very interesting tour. We returned on another cruise and then did the NCL bus tour that is a look at the two communities that surround the port. Again, an informative experience rather than exciting tour. Again, I apppreciated it and the people we met very much

Go with Gus is excellent. If the river boat tour doesn't appeal to you, we asked him to take us to the Falls. It was a nice hike up through the jungle (on a good path, with steps and railings where it was steep, and not too too challenging for us non-athletic types) and we were rewarded with beautiful falls and a natural pool to swim in when we got there. It was very cold water but very clear and refreshing after the hike. And the jeep ride to the area was a nice little tour to get a sense of the area. We loved it. Attached are some pics to give you an idea.

1956067550_Guatemalafalls.jpg.695907957fbe4ec0dedaf30d7179c7ef.jpg

2004627382_Guatemalafalls2.jpg.9f368be861c4c996e2748188ca3a55fd.jpg

2088454188_Guatemalafalls3.jpg.8b08a789d62ab339f31ed31b9fd4775d.jpg

And there were no worries about getting back in time for boarding?

And there were no worries about getting back in time for boarding?

Keep in mind that Gus does this every single day. It is his livelihood. He knows the cruise schedules better than some of the crew! ;) I'm not pushing Gus, I just say this because it is true of all the well-established cruise excursion companies. They do a great job! We just always make sure we choose one with good reviews here and on TripAdvisor. If you're concerned, a good question to ask is if they have extra vehicles. The number 1 reason a tour would every miss a ship is if a vehicle breaks down. So, you want a guide who has some resources if that should happen.

Archived