Are you as excited as I am?

CruiseSwag

Aww you guys make me feel better.

I am also thinking and planning my outfits in my head and my bathing suits.(Let me go and check cute dresses and bathing suits online)

Also one more question, am I the only one that wants to lose weight for their cruise? LOL I know after this question you guys will definitely consider me a lunatic. But yeah I just want to get in shape and I want to use the cruise as a motivation.

I am obsessed with this video. There was another one by a youtuber that was REALLY GOOD but I didn't save it and I can't find it.

No you are not the only one who wants to lose weight. We're going Aug 27th and I've already started a diet and exercise. Lol. and I also am on these boards all day everyday. Every time I get on the computer my bf is like "what are you doing, looking at cruise stuff?" Lol... I also have looked at a few youtube videos...

Cruise Swag,

If it comforts you any, I cruise on the same day you do. So we will just have to wait together. :p But first I have to graduate to earn the right to celebrate. Back to the books.

Deb

Oh wow, are you also going with Freedom of the Seas to western Caribbean? Or are you going to a different destination with a different cruiseline/ship?

Best of luck with your graduation hun!

No you are not the only one who wants to lose weight. We're going Aug 27th and I've already started a diet and exercise. Lol. and I also am on these boards all day everyday. Every time I get on the computer my bf is like "what are you doing, looking at cruise stuff?" Lol... I also have looked at a few youtube videos...

I need to start a diet lol, I have been procrastinating. I want to go out to the Caribbean wearing cute bathing suits. I think is a great idea to try to focus on some goals while thinking of the cruise, what a better motivation than that? lol. It seems that some of us are more obsessed than others.

I am off on friday to book my first cruise to the western med in august too. I am so excited too and havnt even booked yet, have spent hours looking on this forum and browsing brochures. Even bought my first fab formal dress !

You are definitely ahead of us(my sister and I) because we have yet to buy our outfits we are going to wait for the summer to get here to do so. Since I want to lose weight before my cruise, it won't make sense that I buy clothes now that wont fit well months later. Best of luck picking out the cruise line for your trip. YAY FOR ALL FIRST CRUISERS WHO ARE SUPER EXCITED!

Oh wow, are you also going with Freedom of the Seas to western Caribbean? Or are you going to a different destination with a different cruiseline/ship?

Best of luck with your graduation hun!

We are going on the NCL Pearl to Alaska. This will be our second trip to Alaska. We sailed in the Caribbean in May 09. We will have to do that again, but I want to do the Panana Canal and get to Europe first.

Yep, I am also on a diet and have already lost 4 stone!! US would be 56lbs...

Only another 2 stone to go to fit into my evening dress, cruising in April, I know I can do it...

JAne:D

LOL@ Mazan I actually think that I am going to walk around with A HUGE BIG SMILE on my face lol. I am sure that people will be able to tell that I am a cruise virgin but I don't care, I won't be able to control my excitment.

@Jadz and DB11 are you guys part of any emotional support thread of this forum or are you guys working on it on your own? I have a hard time starting my diet and the exercise. I need motivation.

LOL@ Mazan I actually think that I am going to walk around with A HUGE BIG SMILE on my face lol. I am sure that people will be able to tell that I am a cruise virgin but I don't care, I w give you some advicon't be able to control my excitment.

@Jadz and DB11 are you guys part of any emotional support thread of this forum or are you guys working on it on your own? I have a hard time starting my diet and the exercise. I need motivation.

Hi

No I am not, and I am struggling with my last bit of weight to lose, but I can give you some weight loss advice having dieted many times!!

Pin a fat photo on your fridge, cupboard along with the best photo you have of yourself!!

I cut out all bread, pasta , rice, potatoes and red meat... just fill up on veg

Swap salt for unrefined sea salt (ebay)

Big bowl of mixed berries and chopped apples with 1 tablespoon of honey(manuka) for breakfast

Healthy oils only... hemp oil and linseed oil.. I make my own salad dressing, replacing oil with Organic natural yoghurt, adding garlic fresh coriander,fresh chilli, honey,and ginger... Blend together with a hand blender

Eat as much fruit and veg as I like (except bananas, too starchy, just 1 a day)

Avoid all sugar, replace with honey(manuka)

Pineapple (fresh not tinned) is wonderful for speeding up metabolism, as is celery

Apple cider vinegar is suppose to speed up metabolism.. 3 teaspoons morning and night

In the past I have had colonic irrigation, which I found really sped up my weight loss!!

Snack on fruit, pickled onions, pickled beetroot(unsweetened if poss)

Hope this helps.. good luck!!;)

• 4 months later...
We will be Diamond on RCCL at the end of our July cruise. We are as excited as the first time!!! We literally have a countdown clock and we watch the days clicking away....ever so slowly. We can't wait to pack, can't wait to see the ship sitting in the harbor, can't wait to get in line to check-in, can't wait to get to the Windjammer, can't wait for crazy things like paying the final payment and the lifejacket drill!!!! I'm on this board just about every day.......You are NOT alone!!!

This will be 3rd cruise for me. I must say that I was always excited before my cruises but since I have discovered the message boards, I am am even more excited, I am hear everyday. morning, noon, and night and it is just making this cruise even more exciting. Now the part about the lifejacket drill, see my smiliey above, I don't like it. Boring, boring, booooring. :(

Our upcoming cruise and holiday is just about my ONLY subject of conversation. I see anything on TV that looks like a ship or one of our ports of call and squeal, point and nearly burst into tears saying 'we're going there, we're going there', he just sighs and rolls his eyes. We are going on a Princess cruise and a couple of weeks ago the Dawn princess called into Napier port, when we drove past and saw it I had to fight back the tears!!!! And, I'm spending wayyyyyyyyyyy too much time on the internet researching every tiny detail. I've got it sooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!

Right now at our Costco there are huge hanging poster about cruising as you are facing the registers. There is one for Alaska showing a cruiseship right next to a shear cliff with a waterfall. For the first time in my life I love to wait in line at the registers at Costco.

CruiseSwag We leave the same day for our cruises but you will be sailing in the Caribbean and I will be doing the inside passage in Alaska.

I am wayyy excited! I've never been on a ship or an island or in Florida... this is going to be the best vacation(honeymoon) ever!

congrats on your honeymoon and cruise. i am not even booked and im excited too get on a ship, any ship :D.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be going to my first cruise with Royal Caribbean International Freedom of the Seas August 7, 2011(Western Caribbean) and I cannot wait. All I do is think about it and log in to this site daily to read the information because I want to make sure that I am aware of everything. I also tend to look at pictures threads and I go to youtube to look for videos lol.

On a scale of 1-10 of excitement...I am 100000000000000000000000000000000000. I just want to know if I am the only one that feels this way? We haven't gone to our first cruise yet and my sister and I are already planning other ones lol.

So am I crazy or do you guys do the same?:D

I'm still as excited as the first time I took a cruise.. I'm always 2 months early in packing my stuffs. :D

I will be going to my first cruise with Royal Caribbean International Freedom of the Seas August 7, 2011(Western Caribbean) and I cannot wait. All I do is think about it and log in to this site daily to read the information because I want to make sure that I am aware of everything. I also tend to look at pictures threads and I go to youtube to look for videos lol.

On a scale of 1-10 of excitement...I am 100000000000000000000000000000000000. I just want to know if I am the only one that feels this way? We haven't gone to our first cruise yet and my sister and I are already planning other ones lol.

So am I crazy or do you guys do the same?:D

I watch old love boat reruns to hold me over.......

:)

Cruiseswag,

Well, here we are with only a few days away from our cruises. Hope that you have a grand time. Would love to hear how your cruise went.

We are both excited about our cruises yet you will be in the tropics while I will be in Alaska. So settle in to a deck chair, listen to the steel drums of the sailaway party and have a fruity drink with an umbrella. Meanwhile I will be drinking coffee holding an umbrella looking for whales, bears and salmon.

Life has definitely been an adventure the past few months. I think that I have earned the right to this cruise twice over.

Deb

Me, too! It usually takes me awhile to get excited about the cruise. I'm usually excited right after booking, then I go into a lull because it seems so far away and we often have another land trip/event on my mind before the cruise. I'm four months out now and am giddy! This will be our first cruise longer than 7 days, so that's adding extra excitement!

Less then three weeks to go! Oh My Gobstoppers!!!

This is my first cruise and i may not survive the suspense.

Tonight i have spent several hours packing and repacking and organizing my.......wait for it........first aid bag, otc meds and body care.

Bwahahaha. I am so lame.:o

Then i just realized that most of these may not meet the tsa requirements (or fit into carry on with all my other "important" stuff) and now i am having to re-do into two groups-checked and carry on. Lol :D

Archived