Bacardi and walking tour of Old San Juan

Halya50

Hi there,

We are going into San Juan in a couple of weeks while on the Carnival Glory, I have a question.....

Would we be able to do both, the tour of Bacardi as well as the walking tour of old San Juan?

If so, which would you do first?

Thanks ever so much for your help

It is possible, maybe. It all depends on how much you want to see of OSJ. You can easily spend a good 3-4 hours there if you really get into the forts. Then you would have to get to Bacardi which is about 20 minutes from OSJ. However I would say the unless you really want to see Bacardi it's not the best tour out there. You don't get to see any part of the actual making of the rum. It is only a tour on the history of the company and takes all of 20-30 minutes. It is interesting but I was hoping to see the making of the rum.

Another thing to consider is what you would be doing with your luggage when you are touring these places?

It is possible, maybe. It all depends on how much you want to see of OSJ. You can easily spend a good 3-4 hours there if you really get into the forts. Then you would have to get to Bacardi which is about 20 minutes from OSJ. However I would say the unless you really want to see Bacardi it's not the best tour out there. You don't get to see any part of the actual making of the rum. It is only a tour on the history of the company and takes all of 20-30 minutes. It is interesting but I was hoping to see the making of the rum.

Another thing to consider is what you would be doing with your luggage when you are touring these places?

We'll be leaving our luggage at Barrachina's, where we also plan to get a pina colada or two. We may just do some sampling at Don Q instead of taking the time to go to Bacardi, which will leave more time to explore OSJ.

Archived