Dining in Lido??

emsachs

Hi! I posted this before but only got 1 response (Thanks to whoever it was)...

Is it true that you can get the same menu for Dinner in the Lido??

I was told that they only serve until 730 pm is this true?

Also, do you have to make reservations??

Has anyone done this? What is it like?

We do lots of business dinners almost every week, so not having to "dress" for dinner will seem like a vacation to us, as well as eating when we "feel like" eating.

The dinner menu in the Lido is similar if not the same as the dining room, its very good.

You do not need to make reservations, but the dining hours are short, I believe its from 6 pm - 7:30 pm.

On a 10-day cruise, we usually do this at least one night. I still enjoy being waited on in the dining room, but the Lido is a good option. I think you will enjoy it.

We have found dinner in the Lido to be super. The tables are properly set, the food is attractive and features some of the same items as the DR. There is staff available to assist. Dinner is usually served for about an hour and a half, but sometimes it may be extended a bit.

If we have had a long day ashore or for some other reason, we enjoy dressing more casually and having dinner in the Lido. For us, it is a good alternative.

We ate at the Lido buffet area one night while on the Miracle. Some stuff is on the menu..others are not. Dont expect to see Lobster at the buffet area.

I was very impressed on how uncrowded the lido buffet was this night-- I swear I only seen about 20-25 people. The time was about 6:30- 7:00.

I prefer the dining room since I get waited on there. But fell asleep and woke up too lte to hurry to get ready for dinner so the Lido is where we ate.

The Lido buffet is noit a resturant. Its a buffet where youhelp yourself to what you want. Tables are set with silverware and napkins.

It's different on HAL. They have an alternative dining option which serves the same menu as the D/R. You will select your sides and your entree is delivered to your table once it has been prepared. They set up the tables nicely with cloth, silver and glassware. There is usally a wine steward available to take drink orders.

We've done this several times and it is a very nice alternative to the D/R - our daughter particularly likes it. :)

You can also get the Dining Room menu selections delivered to your room, but you have to call at the beginning of the seating.

My mother and father did this after a long day in St. Petersburg and they both loved it.

That night DH and I went to the dinging and it was more than half empty so we invited a single dining alone to join us and he was a real delight. A nice change for us all.

Bucky -

I can't imagine why it wouldn't be... I know a lot of folks are tired from traveling all day and don't like to dress for dinner - even if it is casual. I seem to recall my parents eating in the Lido on the first night, but not sure which ship it was...

I just got off the Oosterdam on Saturday and the Lido Buffet was open for dinner all but one night of the cruise. The second to last night (lobster formal night) it was closed only because they prepared the dessert buffet. Lido was open all other nights including the first and last.

Archived