Marina - Feb 8th

rhohea

We are here, waiting to get off so we can get back on.

Don and Betsy,

Boy, the work you two are doing! Pack, unpack. Pack, unpack. And now pack and unpack again!

Wish we were working your way too. But, alas, we're back working in the real world, thinking of you enjoying Marina's first three voyages. :D

Have a wonderful cruise!

Cheers, Tarmo & Kay

Hondorner,

Why are they making you get off if you are continuing on?

You have to get off for about 1 hr

You do not have to pack up unless you are changing cabins of course but the crew will help move your things

The ship's count has to be 0

Not sure if it is the port Authority or Homeland security or who

we have had to do this with B2B at U.S. ports

lyn

You have to get off for about 1 hr

You do not have to pack up unless you are changing cabins of course but the crew will help move your things

The ship's count has to be 0

Not sure if it is the port Authority or Homeland security or who

we have had to do this with B2B at U.S. ports

lyn

I do believe it's a US port rule as we have never had to leave the ship on the b/b cruises we have done on Oceania in Europe. Good to know for our San Francisco turn around day May 12.Thanks for the information :)

I do believe it's a US port rule as we have never had to leave the ship on the b/b cruises we have done on Oceania in Europe. Good to know for our San Francisco turn around day May 12.Thanks for the information :)

Wow, talk about a couple of cruises with different climate requirements!

Isn't it great that Oceania is Country Club Casual? :):D

The other port in Europe we had to disembark was Dover

Also had to have 0 count

Lyn

US Customs is the reason why we had to leave the ship, both after the Maiden Voyage and the Preview Voyage. On the Preview Voyage we stopped at Nassau, so we had been to a foreign country and had to go through customs on return. It's correct that we did not have to remove our luggage, just walk off, wait until the ship had been cleared as empty, and walk back on, through security again.

We had the same cabin on the Preview cruise and on the Panama Canal crossing, so we were unpacked and settled in. Jim and Stan had been assigned a Concierge cabin for the 3 day and were due to move to their Oceania Suite, but they did not have much packing -- the stewards and their butler moved their luggage and all their hanging clothes.

We had been in 7108 on the Maiden Voyage and expected to be in 7118 for the Inaugural, and didn't know our cabin for the 3-day until just before sailing. We were assigned 9026 and expected to have to move back down, but our travel agent was on of the agents invited on the preview, and he told us he had received notice we would be upgraded to 9026 for the Inaugural, but he hadn't bothered to notify us because he knew we weren't checking email very often.

Sure enough, we stayed in 9026, which is almost directly across from the Concierge Lounge.

It's going to take me a while to catch up on all that has happened, so I think I'll start a new thread.

Archived