Buying from Bon Voyage-what's your experience?

kittyness

You can make purchases from the bonvoyage department once you have a booking number, I know for sure, but when placing your order it will ask for your booking number and your stateroom.

I started buying fun ship dollars as soon as we booked that way I started building up that fund.

Is the stateroom the U103 number? I hate being a newbie...all this stuff is foreign and I'm trying to learn.

Thanks.

I looked at the items in Bon Voyage on carnival.com and I'm not sure if I should purchase them or not.

What is the purpose of the drink/soda "coupons"? Are they similar to a gift card (amount goes toward the total and you have to make up the difference on a S&S card) or do you get one drink per coupon? I see they come out to be a little cheaper per drink so I'm confused.

My husband and I are cruising for our anniversary. I see there is a stateroom decoration package for $35. Has anyone ever bought this? Is it cheesy or does it add to the ambiance?

Thanks!

our last cruise i bought some stuff from bon voyage.. it might seem like a waste of money to people, but for me i didnt tell the hubby i was doing it and to surprise him... i did soda and drink coupons.. those came in handy i think personally (if i remember right, it was one drink per coupon) and yes cheaper this way too.. i got the bon voyage decorations, those i thought were fun too! (kept some of them for my scrapbooking), i also did the strawberries which we enjoyed on our balcony.... i think it just adds a little "something" i think one of the gifts i put down from our two dogs..lol... i had fun with it...

You can make purchases from the bonvoyage department once you have a booking number, I know for sure, but when placing your order it will ask for your booking number and your stateroom.

I started buying fun ship dollars as soon as we booked that way I started building up that fund.

what are fun ship dollars??? is it like pre-paying somehow for your on board account? i would prefer to do that!! we have no credit cards anymore.. only thing with visa logo is our debit cards... usually we get travelers checks and bring them with us (cause they can be replaced!) then dump em on our acct throughout the cruise... we check our balance on the tv, if it is looking out of control to us, we will go put money down on it... plus you can cash your travelres checks on board if you need to take cash to port. that seems to work well for us, but if we can build up our sail&sign account ahead of time, then we can avoid that process!

I looked at the items in Bon Voyage on carnival.com and I'm not sure if I should purchase them or not.

What is the purpose of the drink/soda "coupons"? Are they similar to a gift card (amount goes toward the total and you have to make up the difference on a S&S card) or do you get one drink per coupon? I see they come out to be a little cheaper per drink so I'm confused.

My husband and I are cruising for our anniversary. I see there is a stateroom decoration package for $35. Has anyone ever bought this? Is it cheesy or does it add to the ambiance?

Thanks!

Bon Voyage is great to order from.....never have had a prob...............deco's= cheesy

what are fun ship dollars??? is it like pre-paying somehow for your on board account? i would prefer to do that!! we have no credit cards anymore.. only thing with visa logo is our debit cards... usually we get travelers checks and bring them with us (cause they can be replaced!) then dump em on our acct throughout the cruise... we check our balance on the tv, if it is looking out of control to us, we will go put money down on it... plus you can cash your travelres checks on board if you need to take cash to port. that seems to work well for us, but if we can build up our sail&sign account ahead of time, then we can avoid that process!

That is exactly what they are. You prepay or "fund" your S&S account. We did this in the hopes of not having to use our debit cards for onboard account. We too no longer use credit cards. You can buy them in any amount from $25 up to $500. A great way to save for your cruise. I feel it is like a savings account. Each pay, go buy funship dollars and have them added to our S&S account. When buying online, for the message put apply as OBC and in the address field put in your booking # and then your Stateroom # in the next line or tell the agent on the phone that you want them added as OBC

I made a partial payment on my account - will pay the balance off in a few weeks - can I order now? What information is needed from my booking for me to start purchasing now on bon voyage?

you need your conformation number and you don't get that til you pay the bill in full.

you need your conformation number and you don't get that til you pay the bill in full.

I have been buying from bonvoyage since we first booked our cruise back in August and did not pay it off until December. All I needed was the booking number and stateroom number. The booking number will pull your itinerary up with what ship and sail date to confirm that information is correct prior to purchase. So needing to be paid in full, I would say not unless I am the only one here that has been able to purchase from bonvoyage prior to paying our cruise in full. Then I will consider myself special and if this is true I would be platinum on my first cruise - wishfull thinking there.

Just wondering how you liked your pt room in this location? We've got one in a similar location and was wondering if there was much movement/noise?

We loved it! We never felt movement, and we only had one tender port where they dropped anchor, but we were awake when it happened, and it only lasted a few minutes. If you don't have any tender ports then you won't have to worry about the anchor. We've sailed in the front of the ship twice without any problems.

I purchased the cooler with hat, soda, and mug for DH and he loved it (although I stole the baseball cap for myself :D). He uses the mug all the time and my son loves the cooler. It was a hit and I think the price is affordable.

I have had clients send champagne, wine, strawberries, and sweets to me through BV and they were all great (especially if you have a balcony ;)).

We will be cruising again this July for our 15th wedding anniversary and I'm thinking about ordered some items for DH. Only problem is, I'm worried he'll do the same, lol. I am looking at the toasting flutes especially. Has anyone bought these? How personalized are they?

We ordered from them once, because we had to fly to the port overseas, they delivered a flavored rum instead of the barcardi I ordered and then we had to carry it to the dining room with us at dinner time to get it exchanged. Back to the rum runners.

You need the booking number and cabin number and you do not have to be paid in full to have these and order from bon voyage. I have ordered and I am not paid in full.

I have ordered from bon voyage before before final payment is paid, and it has not been a problem.

Also, you can order any kind of alcohol even if it isn't listed on their website. For our 01/30 Pride cruise, I had some Miller Lites ordered through Bon Voyage and it was in our stateroom when we got there. One thing to note, though: I don't know if we'll order beer again through Bon Voyage, because we had to pay tax on it. Beer can be ordered anytime through room service, and I don't believe we have to pay tax while out to sea! Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Thanks!

I've ordered quite a bit of wine from Bon Voyage. I've also ordered a beer cooler package, drink coupons, and soft drink coupons...I LOVE the soft drink coupons! I only drink one soda a day, but I also like convenience, and I don't like having to sign a little slip every time I want a soda, bottle of water, etc. I have found the coupons are a perfect compromise, and they are a LOT less expensive than getting a soda sticker.

if you are leaving from Galveston different rules apply. I didn't get my wine order, on the Ecstacy last week until after lunch on the sea day! Missed my wine for my first dinner.

Here's the strange thing...on Conquest you get it at embarkation, but on Ecstasy you have to wait because of "Texas law." I almost asked if the Conquest sails from a different state of Texas!:p

Here's the strange thing...on Conquest you get it at embarkation, but on Ecstasy you have to wait because of "Texas law." I almost asked if the Conquest sails from a different state of Texas!:p

Yea....I had read that you couldn't get your booze because of Texas Law when I was researching last year for our Conquest Cruise, but when we walked into our room, voila, it was there. Wierd about the conquest and ecstasy.

You need the booking number and cabin number and you do not have to be paid in full to have these and order from bon voyage. I have ordered and I am not paid in full.

I sail in 15 days and have not yet been assigned a cabin...so I guess I can't order from Bon Voyage until I get a cabin number??? Anyone know when that might be?

I sail in 15 days and have not yet been assigned a cabin...so I guess I can't order from Bon Voyage until I get a cabin number??? Anyone know when that might be?

I believe it can be done by booking number. Call them 1-800-906-7603 Monday - Saturday 8:00am - 8:30pm, Eastern Time

Phone orders are accepted up to one week prior to sailing. Visa, MasterCard, Discover® Network and American Express accepted.

I've ordered alcohol from the Bon Voyage every time we have cruised (love CC info). No problems, they were great. My cousins had our cabin decorated on our first cruise for our Anniversary, it was nice, but I'm not sure I would pay $35 to do that again.

I've ordered the fruit and wine basket and it was really nice. I wish they had a cheese and cracker basket, but now I am aware that I can order an extra fruit and cheese plate at dinner and then bring back to cabin.

The best thing was when my DH ordered roses for our cabin (he ordered while on-board), I loved seeing them every time I opened the cabin door. I think it would have been even better to have them on embarkation.

Archived