Buying from Bon Voyage-what's your experience?

kittyness

I looked at the items in Bon Voyage on carnival.com and I'm not sure if I should purchase them or not.

What is the purpose of the drink/soda "coupons"? Are they similar to a gift card (amount goes toward the total and you have to make up the difference on a S&S card) or do you get one drink per coupon? I see they come out to be a little cheaper per drink so I'm confused.

My husband and I are cruising for our anniversary. I see there is a stateroom decoration package for $35. Has anyone ever bought this? Is it cheesy or does it add to the ambiance?

Thanks!

I looked at the items in Bon Voyage on carnival.com and I'm not sure if I should purchase them or not.

What is the purpose of the drink/soda "coupons"? Are they similar to a gift card (amount goes toward the total and you have to make up the difference on a S&S card) or do you get one drink per coupon? I see they come out to be a little cheaper per drink so I'm confused.

My husband and I are cruising for our anniversary. I see there is a stateroom decoration package for $35. Has anyone ever bought this? Is it cheesy or does it add to the ambiance?

Thanks!

To me, if you are buying the drink coupons for yourselves, then I would just call & purchase Funship Dollars & have them applied as on-board credit (OBC). Then you will have credit on your account that will be applied to anything you purchase on board, including drinks & you don't have to mess with the coupons. Some might dispute this, but I don't think there is any big savings involved with those coupons.

I bought the anniversary decorations (and b-day ones) a few years ago, and though they sound a little cheesy, they were pretty nice and spiced up the room a bit. Some people take their own decorations, but I'm lazy. Plus it's a nice surprise when you open the door & it's already decorated.

I have done the room decoration one time and it was great, streamers on the celing and stuff all over the room said happy anniv. wife took some home and put in scrap book, also ordered champagine ( sp) and had it waiting in the room had it chilled in time for sail away and drank it on the balcony. worth the money IMO.

I had flowers sent to my parents stateroom when we went to thank them for the cruise and the flowers were beautiful and lasted the entire 8 day cruise!! I also had little stuffed animals sent to our room for my son and he loved them!!

This year I am getting our room decorated for my husband and son's birthdays and sending them the little stuffed animals again:D

We ordered the birthday decorations for our cruise last Nov. for DD's birthday. They were nicer than I expected and really livened up the room. I totally agree with the surprise of opening the door to find the decorations.

We also ordered gin from bon voyage. In our room when we sailed. We were very pleased and will definitely order gin again for the room on our next Carnival cruise.

The advantage of the drink coupons is supposed to be the 15% gratuity is already included, so you save that amount. Sometimes you can get a more expensive drink with them and sometimes you are charged the difference.

Actually if you like photos, I think the photo coupons seem like a better deal.

Ahh, the anniversary decorations...

I tried that and I was kind of excited about surprising DH.

We walked into the room and there were no decorations.

Got on the phone and talked to some folks, but I really was not interested in non-surprise decorations.

I have ordered the coolers with beer and hat for my husband and son and the backpacks with shirt and other items for my daughters. They were all great items and it was fun surprising the family with the items already in the room. Anniversary in Dec and surprising the hubby with room decorations.:D

Instead of the decorations, try getting a nice bottle of wine and the wine glasses. This is what we ordered to be waiting in our room on sailaway and it was so nice to enjoy wine in our special anniversary glasses while sitting on the balcony.

I was just looking at the cabin decorations thinking I might order the "Happy Honeymoon" decorations for our honeymoon cruise in March as a surprise for my husband. When I clicked the picture of the honeymoon decorations, the cabin was decorated, but the beds were separated. Hmmm, doesn't seem like it's gonna be much of a honeymmon that way. lol, just an observation that struck me as funny. :D

We buy vodka from bon voyage, its nice to have your own drinks saves lots of money and once for DD's birthday I decorated the cabin myself with streamers and hangy things. $35 is a little pricey for stuff you can buy for a buck at the dolar store ;)

For our first cruise I have ordered from Bonvoyage the bar coupons, just for something special for DH for our anniversary, the flut glasses for a momento of our cruise along with a few of the picture coupons. DH loves pictures and thinking there will be quite a few shots that he is gonna want to buy. Just trying to keep the S&S account low, even though we have also purchased the fun ship dollars to fund our account. If every thing goes as planned we really should not have any out of pocket expenses when we depart the ship. Just the monies that we decide to spend while in ports.

I bought a bunch of soda and drink coupons for me and DD just to spread out the cost a bit. I figured a drink will be about half price. I also ordered a cake and the cooler/beer/hat thing for her (the cruise is her 21st birthday present) and I think I'll order a bottle of vodka too.

I just got off of the telephone with Bon Voyage. I ordered a Valentine Floral Arrangement for our Monday Sailing on the Ecstasy! It is easy and not 'overly' expensive.

I ordered Rum and a Cooler of Beer on my last voyage and it was waiting for us.

The gifts make for a nice surprise on Sailing Day.

<a href=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/5042084285_414f2f2d9e_b.jpg' alt='5042084285_414f2f2d9e_b.jpg'> Bon Voyage Package by capndinghy, on Flickr[/img]

Purchasing Bon Voyage items is wonderful! I have bought or received almost everything they offer and everything was great! The items will be found in your stateroom when you arrive. Except the drink coupons. You have to pick those up in the dining room the first night.

I don't know if your cruise must be paid in full not. But tey to order on the website, it will tell you if you can order yet or not.

Enjoy!

Thanks!

The decorations are a bit cheesy but they let you know someone is thinking about you. They start to sag before the end of the week so you end up taking them down. I had them for a birthday a couple of different times. I bought one for my sisters birthday though and they made a mistake and her's said congratulations instead. She still appreciated the thought.

I made a partial payment on my account - will pay the balance off in a few weeks - can I order now? What information is needed from my booking for me to start purchasing now on bon voyage?

You can make purchases from the bonvoyage department once you have a booking number, I know for sure, but when placing your order it will ask for your booking number and your stateroom.

I started buying fun ship dollars as soon as we booked that way I started building up that fund.

Archived