Buying from Bon Voyage-what's your experience?

kittyness

The last few cruises, I've had yellow roses sent to the cabin (DW loves yellow roses). I've also have sent a BV gift (cooler, beer, and drink coupons) to my daughter on her cruise.

2349801910098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

The last cruise I included a romance kit. It had a bottle of champagne and two flutes along with a beach towel, tee shirts and sun visors. I thought it was as good as any value on ship.

On a side note, the flutes glass is thin as I discovered when I chipped an edge when pouring a glass at home. :(

To me, if you are buying the drink coupons for yourselves, then I would just call & purchase Funship Dollars & have them applied as on-board credit (OBC). Then you will have credit on your account that will be applied to anything you purchase on board, including drinks & you don't have to mess with the coupons. Some might dispute this, but I don't think there is any big savings involved with those coupons.

I bought the anniversary decorations (and b-day ones) a few years ago, and though they sound a little cheesy, they were pretty nice and spiced up the room a bit. Some people take their own decorations, but I'm lazy. Plus it's a nice surprise when you open the door & it's already decorated.

We have had the anniversary decorations a few times and they are fine if you want decorations. As for the drinks, if you are going to be drinking a lot of coke diet coke ect (they have coke products) your best bet is to get a soda card where you pay so much and can have all that you want. If that is the purpose you are using for soda you are better off just getting the card, it would be one card per person but good all week we have also done bon voyage and it worked out just fine..in the cabin when we got there. We will be doing it again In May

Where do you find the liquor bottle prices on the Carnival website? I see where you can order the decorations, flowers, bottles of wine from the Bon Voyage dept, but I see no mention of the liter bottles of liquor that people say they order in advance.

Where do you find the liquor bottle prices on the Carnival website? I see where you can order the decorations, flowers, bottles of wine from the Bon Voyage dept, but I see no mention of the liter bottles of liquor that people say they order in advance.

They don't have a list on the website, and you have to call to order. Do a Search here on CC for 'Bon Voyage Alcohol', and you'll find it (or maybe someone will post it here).

• 1 month later...
I just got off of the telephone with Bon Voyage. I ordered a Valentine Floral Arrangement for our Monday Sailing on the Ecstasy! It is easy and not 'overly' expensive.

I ordered Rum and a Cooler of Beer on my last voyage and it was waiting for us.

The gifts make for a nice surprise on Sailing Day.

<a href=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/5042084285_414f2f2d9e_b.jpg' alt='5042084285_414f2f2d9e_b.jpg'> Bon Voyage Package by capndinghy, on Flickr[/img]

I was thinking of ordering the cooler of beer. Was the beer cold? What type of beer did you order? Its definately not the Bud thats in the picture on their website. I was wondering if I could substitute Bud Light?

Hi All, I was just wondering if you purchase decorations or champagne from Bon Voyage if someone else calls to order the same decorations and bottle of champagne if Carnival Bon Voyage would tell the second person calling that it's already been ordered or if they would take the order and not say anything. We're sailing for our 30th Anniversary in August and I wanted to know what would happen if we both decided to surprise each other or if another family member wanted to surprise us. Thank you.

Rhonda

Archived