Ship-sponsored excursions?

BelAirMom

If you have no info on your ports, or are too scared, then a ship excursion is for you. Get yourself a guidebook on your ports. Many, many things are easy to do on your own, and cheaper, too! The Eastern Caribbean is safe and easy....info is all you need.

However, if you want to do a ship's excursion, then you WILL have a great time...they are well done, and totally "no-brainers"...they will tell you when and where to meet, and from that point on, you will do nothing but have fun.

Before any recommendations can be made....what is it that you want to do???? Active? Tours? Water excursions? Shopping? Beaches?

We just got back from the January 30th Eastern Caribbean sailing, and we were very happy with the Turtle Cove Sail and Snorkel excursion in St. Thomas. You sailed on a pirate ship out to a coral reef where you swam with sea turtles, and saw a large coral reef. The staff were excellent - very knowledgeable and safety conscious. We felt it was well worth the $56 price tag per person.

St Thomas and St Martin are two of the easiest ports to get around on your own. In St Thomas you can easily take a cab to Sapphire beach or Coki beach and there are plenty of cabs to take you back to the ship when you are ready. Same in St Martin.....cab to Orient beach. If you feel uncomfortable just take a ship excursion. There will be plenty that offer water activities.

A good place to check out is the 'Ports of Call' posts. There are several recommendations for Ship Excursions as well as private ones.

We usually do a mix of Ship Sponsored and private depending on what we are looking for.

Planning is half the fun!

We just got back from the January 30th Eastern Caribbean sailing, and we were very happy with the Turtle Cove Sail and Snorkel excursion in St. Thomas. You sailed on a pirate ship out to a coral reef where you swam with sea turtles, and saw a large coral reef. The staff were excellent - very knowledgeable and safety conscious. We felt it was well worth the $56 price tag per person.

I am sailing on the Freedom in September and was thinking of booking this excursion. Can you tell me if there is a good amount of time after you are back to shop downtown? I really want to snorkel but hey - I gotta shop too!:D

I am sailing on the Freedom in September and was thinking of booking this excursion. Can you tell me if there is a good amount of time after you are back to shop downtown? I really want to snorkel but hey - I gotta shop too!:D

Freedom OTS docks in St Thomas at Havensite Mall. You can shop right there.....no need to go downtown unless you just want to.

Archived