on board tea question

hsb248

Sort of a off the wall on board question.... the free hot tea / tea bags provided on board is Green Tea a option / choice and what brand and or are there options or is it just plain black tea like Lipton? Thanks

progress.gif

I'm pretty sure they have Bigelow and Lipton. And if I remember correctly, there was green tea.

That's what I saw on the Dream and Inspiration last year. Unless you're attending afternoon tea, where you are presented with a choice, you have to be on the lookout for the tea box on the Lido deck. As a previous poster mentioned, it is by the drink station (I saw it only at the back station in the indoor Lido restaurant), and the box is usually closed and kind of to the side of the sugar packets, coffee stirrers, etc.

I looked all around for the "tea box" on my last cruise.

FINALLY someone pointed it out to me. It is a wooden box on the edge of the counter where the sugar is located.It has all sorts of teas inside so I am sure you will find what you like. I also bring a few bags of "medicinal' tea like peppermint and licorice for tummy/gas/ etc.

I am also a tea drinker! But they never have my favourite which is english breakfast as i am from the uk! They do have it in the dining room though.

At the buffet from what i can remember they had green tea, Regular lipton, a orange flavoured one (which was really nice) and a lemon. There were more but u cant remember them.

We are just off of the Legend and they had the tea box at all of the drink stations, open and available, with about 9 different teas including herbal, green, regular, decaf, and English Breakfast. We were also given these choices at breakfast, lunch (on sea days) and dinner in the dining room . . . all we had to ask! Also given the same choices out of the tea box presented at afternoon tea (on sea days). I was very pleased with the choices and the water was always very hot . . . just the way I like it. Enjoy, tea lovers!

I am also a tea drinker! But they never have my favourite which is english breakfast as i am from the uk! They do have it in the dining room though.

At the buffet from what i can remember they had green tea, Regular lipton, a orange flavoured one (which was really nice) and a lemon. There were more but u cant remember them.

I drink English Breakfast as well and I've always been able to get it on the Lido.

On the dream , we attended afternoon tea and the waiters walked around with boxes of assorted teas for your choice -there was green tea. I take bottles and make my own brewed ice tea to drink during the day so there is tea bags available in the lido area with the sugars etc. Room service will also bring hot tea supplies to you.

Sort of a off the wall on board question.... the free hot tea / tea bags provided on board is Green Tea a option / choice and what brand and or are there options or is it just plain black tea like Lipton? Thanks

You might want to check out the following post or the entire thread. It shows a picture of the teas.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=7807903&postcount=3

You might want to check out the following post or the entire thread. It shows a picture of the teas.

are Bigelow brand

Picture in the link is from 2006.

As luckycruzer has posted, all the teas in the wooden chests are Bigelow. The Earl Greys are available in the chests besides green and herbal teas.

The regular and decaffienated black teas are still Lipton, I believe. They are available beside the hot water taps where the sugar and cream are.

On our last cruise on the Fascination, there was Bigilow tea, Peppermint, Earl Gray, English breakfast, Chai Spice, Lemon Lift. I would fix a cup and have it before bed time. very nice.:)

They are all Bigelow. I thought that Earl Grey was a brand name....lol...went to check the box in my kitchen and Bigelow is the brand.:)

I have a love/hate with this website as I am drawn like a moth to a flame to anything FOOD! :D

Once again...

I am hungry! There are some beautiful pictures I have seen of the Carnival Tea.

(racing to kitchen for another snack.)

Archived