Can we drop off our luggage?

CLOU

We are sailing on the Norwegian Fjords cruise on the Sojourn at the end of June. Originally, we were using Seabourn air and we were not concerned about transfers or our luggage, but SAS had a business class air fare sale and it became much cheaper to make our own air arrangements. We arrive in Copenhagen early in the morning and we would like to be able to drop off our luggage at the cruise terminal and then explore Copenhagen. Will Seabourn let you drop off luggage well before boarding time?

We are on that sailing as well, and also arrive early in the morning on that date (6:00 AM)

Here is the tricky part: You will note that there is no published sailing of the Sojourn immediately preceding the 6/29 sailing, so there must be a charter. That charter might not arrive in CPH until after you arrive, so there may be no place to store your luggage. I don't feel comfortable just dropping off luggage where the ship has not even ported yet.

We may simply book a hotel room for 5 or 6 hours. There are some 4 star hotels available for about $100. We've been to CPH several times, so we likely will sleep off the red-eye rather than explore.

You could also hire or rent a car for a half-day tour, but if you are arriving early AM, there may not be much open for several hours.

Looking forward to seeing you on board (or wandering round the Airport).

We land at 7:15 in the morning, so even after collecting luggage and getting a taxi, we would get to the port quite early. Perhaps I will have my travel agent contact Seabourn and see how early we could drop off our luggage. If not, booking a day room may be our best option.

We too have been to Copenhagen, but only once before. We are spending one extra night at the end of the cruise, but I still think I would prefer to spend the extra hours seeing Copenhagen. We have learned to take sleeping pills so that we can get a decent rest on the flight over, if only for a few hours. We find that we are better off trying to stay awake for the whole day and just calling it an early night. Last year when we sailed from Rome and had booked through Seabourn Air, they got us a day room in Rome but we still strolled the city.

I look forward to meeting you on the cruise. From where are you flying in?

Here is the tricky part: You will note that there is no published sailing of the Sojourn immediately preceding the 6/29 sailing, so there must be a charter. That charter might not arrive in CPH until after you arrive, so there may be no place to store your luggage. I don't feel comfortable just dropping off luggage where the ship has not even ported yet.

Not a problem. Here is the Copenhagen port schedule. http://www.cmport.com/Ships%20in%20Port/Cruise%20Ships/download.aspx

On June 29, both the Pride and the Sojourn arrive at 7:00 and leave at 17:00. It will be a fun "double" sailaway. The Soujourn will be at quay c243, the Pride at c177. (BTW, the Soujourn will also be in CPH on June 17, that must be the private cruise.)

And here is the map to the port showing the quay numbers:

http://www.cmport.com/Maps/Copenhagen/~/media/Docs/MAPS%20AND%20ROUTES%206/Map%202010/Copenhagen%20Map%20with%20quay%20numbers__Langelinie_Ndr%20Toldbod.ashx

Both ships will also be at some Norwegian ports at the same time.

See you aboard.

never found those $100 rooms,checked Priceline,,etc...also,,,almost all were booked for June 3,,,due to large convention,,,so book early...got the Square for day before cruise,,but not available day after...

Also,,do you think we could just drop off luggage before 12,,then take canal tour,,,ship doesnt leave till 5...sounds doable....new to SB,,,does it take a long time to go thru embarkation process??? Will do HOHO bus after end of cruise,,,,lots to see and do,,and so little time...haha:)

Also,,do you think we could just drop off luggage before 12,,then take canal tour,,,ship doesnt leave till 5...sounds doable....new to SB,,,does it take a long time to go thru embarkation process???

That's what we are planning to do. Drop off luggage, canal tour, lunch and back to the ship. Embarkation is nice and easy. You'll be shown to the lounge, given a mimosa or similar, issued your card and taken to your room. We have never had to wait more than 10 minutes in line at the lounge (mimosa in hand, of course).

work out,,,glad its not a long procedure,,,on Regent in Dec. it took about 45 mins...more people to get on,,,guess you have to do that,,not just drop off luggage,,right???Maybe you could grab a quick lunch onboard,then do canal tour??Will let you know...was going to do HOHO bus,,,but will do that on day after we get back....maybe you can get ticket online,,never checked...but weather might make difference...;)

work out,,,glad its not a long procedure,,,on Regent in Dec. it took about 45 mins...more people to get on,,,guess you have to do that,,not just drop off luggage,,right???Maybe you could grab a quick lunch onboard,then do canal tour??Will let you know...was going to do HOHO bus,,,but will do that on day after we get back....maybe you can get ticket online,,never checked...but weather might make difference...;)

We are planning to just drop the luggage off, not check in at the ship. Then come back after lunch. You would have to check in before you can get a meal on board. Get in touch with Seabourn and ask how early you would be allowed to do that.

And, yes, I'm looking forward to your trip comments in May. Would love to read your opinions on excursions, embarkation plans, etc.

I have never gotten lunch after boarding, unlike the larger mass-market ships. I do, however, count on a few tea sandwiches and some cookies to tide me over until dinner. I am not sure about the 'big' sisters, however. Perhaps the Patio Grill is open or Seabourn Square. Best to drop off luggage and eat in Copenhagen.

I have never gotten lunch after boarding, unlike the larger mass-market ships. I do, however, count on a few tea sandwiches and some cookies to tide me over until dinner. I am not sure about the 'big' sisters, however. Perhaps the Patio Grill is open or Seabourn Square. Best to drop off luggage and eat in Copenhagen.

Jane,

We have ordered from the room menu after an early (1:00) check in. We had been driving around in Greece and started back to Athens early trying avoid the traffic. As it was, we had no traffic tie ups so we got to the ship too soon. They allowed us to check in at that time and suggested the room menu when we asked about getting something to eat.

M

• 2 weeks later...
Just got info that ship will be in Freeport pier....looked at guidebook and just says "pier" ,,will that be close enough to just walk to canal tour???Know there s 2 ;piers...thanks...:confused:

alexandra,

we are staying at The Square hotel pre-cruise. We are planning to take the train from the Central Station to Nordhavn to drop off our luggage at the pier. To get to the canal cruise, it would be a doable, but long walk. Else, you can either take the train back to Norreport and change to the metro and get off at Kongens Nytorv (near the canal cruise) or simply take a taxi there.

Get a map of Copenhagen with the train and metro stops. This should make it clear.

marazul

Archived