Future Cruise Credit Coupon - it worked :o)

Luluwa

Back in May, onboard the Ecstasy I purchased a Future Cruise Credit Coupon worth $200 on a 7-night sailing.

I recently booked the Conquest and mailed in my coupon and 3 days later.... bada-bing-bada-boom.... I now have $100 onboard credit and they said the other $100 would be returned to my credit card. Sounds good to me although I'd rather had $200 OBC.... oh well I'm happy! :D

Nice! I purchased two while on the Fascination last month. One I will use in Jan 2012, and one I will use for our family cruise (Nov 2012 most likely). I think I will have dh buy one while on the Fascination in Jan 2012 so that he can use it for our family cruise (since we have to each book a cabin with two kids). If you have the $100 to spend, I don't see the down side to buying them, especially since they are refundable.

Sigh. My biggest regret from my last cruise is not buying one of these coupons.

Does anyone know if they are transferable? My parents are going on a cruise this summer and I wonder if they could pick one up for me.

Does anyone know if they are transferable? My parents are going on a cruise this summer and I wonder if they could pick one up for me.

On the back of our certificate, under "Important Information" item 3 says "Certificate is non-transferable."

Sadly no. :( The guy selling them to me made sure I understood that.

Back in May, onboard the Ecstasy I purchased a Future Cruise Credit Coupon worth $200 on a 7-night sailing.

I recently booked the Conquest and mailed in my coupon and 3 days later.... bada-bing-bada-boom.... I now have $100 onboard credit and they said the other $100 would be returned to my credit card. Sounds good to me although I'd rather had $200 OBC.... oh well I'm happy! :D

I was confused the first time I purchased the FCC as well. If I read the fine print I would have known that $100 goes toward the purchase of the cruise and $100 is OBC. You must have paid your cruise off before subbmitting the FCC, thus getting a refund on your card. It's still a free $100 no matter how it is spent.

Correct. The date on mine is February 06, 2011, about as up-to-date as you'll get, and number 3 on the terms and conditions says it is non-transferable.

Also the time limit is now 24 months to book a cruise with the certificate, and I thought that that used to be three years, but I could be wrong.

We just bought our third one. It's pretty much a win/win situation. Even if you don't purchase anything on board the ship, the $100 can be used toward the gratuities. So it's a good deal.

Shay

Also the time limit is now 24 months to book a cruise with the certificate, and I thought that that used to be three years, but I could be wrong.

That's a bummer. When I bought one on the Dream last year, it was good for 5 YEARS! A few months later, I heard the program changed to 4 years, now it's 2?!? :confused:

Anyway, I'm kicking myself for not get 2 certificates on the Dream, because I already used mine one for this year's April cruise, and would have like a second one for the Thanksgiving cruise I just book.

Oh well! I'll just pick up 2 when we're on the Legend in April. :D

That's a bummer. When I bought one on the Dream last year, it was good for 5 YEARS! A few months later, I heard the program changed to 4 years, now it's 2?!? :confused:

Anyway, I'm kicking myself for not get 2 certificates on the Dream, because I already used mine one for this year's April cruise, and would have like a second one for the Thanksgiving cruise I just book.

Oh well! I'll just pick up 2 when we're on the Legend in April. :D

Yes...they used to be good for five years, but now it is two years. Still they are a great deal!!! We just picked up several more when we were on the Conquest.

I doubt it, but maybe so. They do not charge your s/s card with the purchase; it goes directly to the debit/credit card on file with the cruise line. The line item purchase will be on your credit card, not your s/s card. If you have your cruise set up with cash, I don't know how they handle that.

Shay

Please get me up to speed since I have been away from Carnival for about 2 yrs.

This is a coupon you purchase while onboard, for any future cruise you may want to take in the next 2 years. You pay $100 and it is billed to your credit card and once you book your trip you get $100 as an OBC and another $100 is credited back to your card?

Is this correct?

okay i called carnival they said i could buy a future cruise credit with my s/s card and i always pay cash to settle my account..so I can do it...hope they are right...;)

they also told me you dont get a 100.00 credited back to your card the credit goes toward your payment on your cruise, once you have made your deposit the 100.00 comes off your balance for payment, plus 100.00 OBC

OKay I just read on this website..Carnival agent on the phone misinformed me...seems you cant charge it to your s/s card if you pay cash, cause it does get charged to a credit card...that sucks..

This is a coupon you purchase while onboard, for any future cruise you may want to take in the next 2 years. You pay $100 and it is billed to your credit card and once you book your trip you get $100 as an OBC and another $100 is credited back to your card?

Is this correct?

You pick the cruise and we'll apply your initial deposit, and - depending on the length of your cruise - up to $200 per stateroom in obc.

Remember, your $100 deposit can be applied toward any of our sensational sailings. And, because we want you to get the cruise you really want, be sure to book early for the best blah, blah, blah.

Straight off of the front of the certificate.

So the deal is $100 applied towards your deposit and up to $200 obc. It's a win/win deal. But you now only have two years to book once you purchase the certificate. And it can only be purchased during a cruise.

Shay

Is this correct?

Close. It's a certificate that you purchase, for $100,while onboard for use on a future cruise. It used to be good for any future cruise in the next 5 years, but now, apparently has been reduced to 2 years. (Sidenote: we were also told you can "return" it and receive your $100 back at any time).

When you book your next cruise, you mail in the certificate and will receive $100 credit toward that cruise payment and OBC. OBC depends on the length of the cruise $100 is for the 7-day cruises, less days, less OBC. And it's based on 2 people, if you are a solo cruiser you get half the OBC (but the full $100 toward payment).

The OP must have paid for her cruise in full and that's why she received a credit to her CC.

We just purchased one in July on the Pride. We paid $100.00 towards our next cruise. When we booked our next cruise (June 2011), the deposit required was $100.00 less. PLUS, we have an on board credit of 100.00. So you put down a hundred to get the cert. You then get another 100.00 OBC when you book. NICE

Close. It's a certificate that you purchase, for $100,while onboard for use on a future cruise. It used to be good for any future cruise in the next 5 years, but now, apparently has been reduced to 2 years. (Sidenote: we were also told you can "return" it and receive your $100 back at any time).

When you book your next cruise, you mail in the certificate and will receive $100 credit toward that cruise payment and OBC. OBC depends on the length of the cruise $100 is for the 7-day cruises, less days, less OBC. And it's based on 2 people, if you are a solo cruiser you get half the OBC (but the full $100 toward payment).

The OP must have paid for her cruise in full and that's why she received a credit to her CC.

Thanks for the info......this sounds good!!!!

One more question and then I'll quit making you people crazy.....:D

My cousin is leaving next week on the Sensation.......and also has a cruise booked for November.

Can she purchase the certificate next week on the Sensation and then turn around and have it applied to the November Dream cruise that's already booked?

Archived