Carnival Legend...having trouble figuring out rooms for six people

momof4girls

While looking at this ship and trying to figure out the room situation, I'm not seeing a lot of connecting OV rooms. Is that normal on this ship? What do families usually do that need two rooms (2 adults, 4 kids)? I was hoping for connecting OV rooms (to save money), however, I'm hardly seeing any on this ship.

While looking at this ship and trying to figure out the room situation, I'm not seeing a lot of connecting OV rooms. Is that normal on this ship? What do families usually do that need two rooms (2 adults, 4 kids)? I was hoping for connecting OV rooms (to save money), however, I'm hardly seeing any on this ship.

I'm not sure of the ages of your kids, but would you be okay with them having an interior across the hall from you? I know it's not connecting but you will still be just a few steps away. You would probably save more $$ too, since you are only paying for 1 OV and an interior vs. two OVs..

Looks like connecting Balcony Rooms on Upper Deck is cheapest. So long as we book as soon as they release those dates, we should be able to get them. I don't feel comfortable w/ the girls across the hall in an inside room since they would be 6 and 5 (along w/ older sisters although they wouldn't be in the room as early). My 6-year-old is a HANDFUL too!

Got another family member to travel with you? We are going on the Legend in April and talked my father in-law in to going. That way he'll be in the cabin next door with our 9 year old, my wife and I'll keep the 2 year old and 6 yr old with us.

Got another family member to travel with you? We are going on the Legend in April and talked my father in-law in to going. That way he'll be in the cabin next door with our 9 year old, my wife and I'll keep the 2 year old and 6 yr old with us.

Oh lawd...I can't think of ANY family member I would want on a cruise with me for an entire week! That is very nice of your FIL, but my FIL would jump ship after one day. They only had one child (my dh), and even a simple birthday party with all my girls around drives him bonkers! ;) My MIL would actually be ideal, but she doesn't go anywhere without my FIL, so she's out. My mom goes nuts after 24 hours visiting us, and my dad doesn't even know my youngest two. So...maybe you could loan me your FIL? :p:D

I've done this with 6 of us in 2 connecting rooms. Kids are too young to leave in a cabin alone; connecting cabins are the only way to go. I have to book early as they fill up fast. If the ship did not have any connecting cabins, I would pick a different ship.

If you cant get connecting, the only other option you have is to put the two youngest in your room since they are too young to be left alone and let the two oldest have their own cabin. Not ideal but would work in a pinch in the event you cant get conneting cabins.

I've done this with 6 of us in 2 connecting rooms. Kids are too young to leave in a cabin alone; connecting cabins are the only way to go. I have to book early as they fill up fast. If the ship did not have any connecting cabins, I would pick a different ship.

I agree. Thankfully we have a few different dates we can go, so I'm just waiting for Carnival to release future dates. Deposit is ready and waiting! :D

If you cant get connecting, the only other option you have is to put the two youngest in your room since they are too young to be left alone and let the two oldest have their own cabin. Not ideal but would work in a pinch in the event you cant get conneting cabins.

Yes, we said the same thing. Not sure how much I would trust my oldest dd though. She is wayyyyy too boy crazy! :eek::rolleyes:

We have seven in our family and get 2 connecting rooms....but this year are doing RC and booked 1 year early and got a family cabin...sleeps 8 - 2 bathrooms, one with a tub....it ended up cheaper to do this then get the least expensive connecting rooms. Let me say...I did not get a family SUITE...just a family room. You have to call to reserve and get pricing...just a thought.

Some of Carnival ships are terrible regarding connecting rooms. We also have 4 kids and in NY we have the Carnival Miracle. We always get connecting rooms. I choose not to leave my children in a cabin alone. The oldest is 15 and the youngest is 8. We have not cruised on the Carnival Miracle for the simple fact that it only has 1 pair of connecting rooms that would accomodate our family of 6, most rooms connect 4 and some 5. Carnival also makes it difficult when booking because the number of people your are putting in the particular room has to match exactly. They will not put 3 people in a quad (4) room. This is why we have stuck to RCCL. We have no problem getting connecting rooms on RCCL ships. We would have loved to try Carnival, but they made it impossible.:(

The only option you would have is to get 2 separate room and have 1 parent for each room. We choose not to do this because if we are spending thousands of dollars on a vacation we want to sleep with each other!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Or, you could get an OV or a balcony and then an inside room across the hallway and then you and your husband can split up and each sleep in a room. For our upcoming trip (3/11/11 on the Spirit), there will be 7 of us. We are a family of 6 ( kids are 7,5,2, 10 months) plus my mom is coming with us. We elected to get balconies near eachother (no connecting available)...my DH and I will sleep with the 2 younger ones and my mom with take the older two. But I think that next time we will try and save $$$ and get a balcony and an inside and just split up. Of course if you like sleeping with your husband, that won't work :)

Archived