Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

bellababe70: Welcome to CCF!!! Once you have caught up with all the pages, time needs to be alloted every day for this thread;) (other threads, too; but THIS one helps you plan what to wear, so it's top priority!)

I'm planning a Garage Sale next month and checked on the cost of renting a rolling rack...but you gave me an idea! Just BUY one!! If it folds up (like the rental one), it's a no-brainer.

Sounds like we're all over the board when it comes to color in our Cruise Wardrobe. It would be boring if everyone wore the same combination!

I love people watching from a little table where lots of cruisers pass by. Outfit choices are always interesting...

Hi Karyn,

Be prepared to donate as at least an hour of your time now every day, its addictive.:D

Yes, at least an hour! It is addictive, and you'll continue to read when you get back from your cruise too - I did!! I love it here!!

bellababe70: Welcome to CCF!!! Once you have caught up with all the pages, time needs to be alloted every day for this thread;) (other threads, too; but THIS one helps you plan what to wear, so it's top priority!)

I'm planning a Garage Sale next month and checked on the cost of renting a rolling rack...but you gave me an idea! Just BUY one!! If it folds up (like the rental one), it's a no-brainer.

Sounds like we're all over the board when it comes to color in our Cruise Wardrobe. It would be boring if everyone wore the same combination!

I love people watching from a little table where lots of cruisers pass by. Outfit choices are always interesting...

I was thinking that Bed, Bath & Beyond would have a rolling rack and they always have coupons available. I have a room available to start using as my "cruise room" but my son comes home from college in late May so I will have to move it, lol .... but I am going to use it for now!!!!

Regarding rolling racks....we have found them at Wal-mart...Last one was $15.00 - we have a few in the basement. Some are enclosed, DD and I call those our "dress closets"....we use them to organize our packing for every cruise.....DH's idea, he is the more organized one! It does work out GREAT!!

Good advice! I am 21 and leaning towards wearing a sundress, as the are one of my favorite things to wear. I'm just a little nervous I will be chilly on the flight but nothing a light cardigan can't fix.

I'm so excited to experience the Oasis! :D

I would fly in leggings or capri's and a t shirt. My daughter, in her early 20s also loves sun dresses (but not to fly in and she has traveled by air quite a bit) and I love dresses myself, but also, not to fly in...if you really want to board wearing a pretty sundress, Id change into it before the plane goes into landing mode...JMHO

Hello Ladies, It has been awhile since I checked in. My last cruise was the Carnival Liberty. I was shocked by the way some people dressed.

Now I totally understand if you do not have the money for alot of new clothing, but being clean and neat does not cost anything.

On a positive note. My DH and I decided to try NCL in Dec.

Let the shopping begin!! :D

That's an adorable bag! Sale too....I leave for the Caribbean in 3 days...can't wait but am trying to resist last minute stuff!

I'll post a couple of pics now for advice...inspent yesterday putting some outfits together, but want some input....be kind!

Terry

So, I mentioned in an earlier post my health issues...I have stage4 cancer, have lost all my hair tho a little bit is growing back in...and I have a colostomy bag with a bad hernia behind it. Staying fashionable is such a challenge!! I have had to change my style to loose floaty tops and ponchos, so keep that in mind. As for hair I have fun wigs hats and scarves, but my daughter keeps telling me she loves it when I go proud and bare headed! Give me your thoughts my Fashionista friends...I am worried I will be hot and itchy in wigs in the Caribbean, tho I am sure the ship is air Conditioned...our first cruise so I value your input!

Here is with wig...and most of the tops are Chicos they have the best floaty covers!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364176416.473823.jpg.7e9d4e9f03d87d5e79c70f10fc4f3cd7.jpg

So should I just mix it up like in the pics? Or should I just go bald and take hats? My hubby is not a fan of the scarves...but I think they might come in handy as I don't want my head to burn. Can any of you see my lumpy issues? It makes doing swimsuits really hard, so maybe no swimming...though I have a nice cover up outfit for that too. If I can find a quiet cove I am dying to get into some warm water...swimming used to be my fave activity before I got sick along with running...so how can I pass up those turquoise waters?

Do I look 'cruisy' enough? I have more black and darker things for evening....I only posted the one gold top with white skirt that I do want to wear one night.

But the rest I'll save for tomorrow.

Cheers...this is my favorite thread! Terry

I know lanyards are a controversial subject, but I plan on using one so I wanted it to be somewhat fashionable. I just finished beading this one. My plan was to make it neutral so it goes with everything so I used clear cracked glass beads and silver accents. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364179201.597622.jpg.fba408881d951c858c40b759c424e8f9.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364179188.966634.jpg.96175980054ecafc943641a250b69580.jpg

I think you look GREAT - and should definitely mix it up if you wish - but good idea for some coverup in the hot caribbean sun! With some of the current styles I am wondering if you you may be able to find a suitable swimsuit? (e.g. looser/blouson tankini? or dress style?). http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-beach-living-swimdress~246955_59.html

http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-beach-living-batik-dot-twist-front-swimdress~235848_-1.html

I also sometimes swim with a 'rash guard' on - mine is like a zip up jacket style (land's end) - protects me from the sun - but might also cover up any 'lumpy' issues you may have - and I don't think anyone will notice them anyways once you are in the water! http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-aquaterra-short-sleeve-zip-front-rash-guard~246779_59.html

Have a great cruise! :D:D

TerryD--you look beautiful in all your outfits. And I agree, go with what is comfortable because you look lovely with or with out your wig. But you MUST wear that red hat because it is FABULOUS!

As far as swimming, what if you wore a blouson-type swimsuit like this?

http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/swim/one-piece/one-piece-swimsuit-sunny-dreams-blouson?d1=CSEO&cm_mmc=ComparisonShopping-_-shopzilla.com-_-Swim%3E2013%20Swimwear%20Collection-_-24848&source=CABZ_DF

CrabbtQ and Froufie thanks for the swimsuit styles...I should have posted sooner for advice! I'd like to try both these though in general the blouson style doesn't work as it hits a little too high, something that skims is better. I may be able to get out tomorrow to check it out...today we have snow in Virginia AGAIN! Three days to leaving....

I already have a tankini top with skirt style bottoms...those work pretty good for holding things together. It's almost like being pregnant on only one side of my belly! Ugh!

Kim - love the lanyard! This is one area I have missed...I have nothing pretty planned and I know I'll need one! Wish I was a beader.....!

Terry