Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

t60: WOW!! Those nails are a work of art!! With so much attention going to your nails, do you wear many print outfits?

scrapnana: The LBD really does need a belt at the waist. I'll be looking for a different black one, but the one in the photo is okay.

I've never had exotic nails like the parrots before and I'm not sure my nail tech would be able to cope with 10 of these so probably I will just have a couple done. This particular design was done by a German technician, I've been in touch with her and they are Gel nails,with the decoration done with a bit of free hand, airbrush, water decals and tattos. Apparently tou can but tattoo paper/film on which you can print your design (inkjet printer), then cover with film, print transfers to film and then you place the film on your nail and the picture is transferred, then you varnish over the top to preserve, so I'm going to give it a go. I've got a few months to practice It's like using a temporary skin tattoo but on your nails http://www.ebay.de/bhp/tattoo-folie

You can also get stuff to print your own design water decals

Sandy in Spain

Edited by t60

Since I leave one week from today I figured I'd better get my straps done. One is done. I like it but probably should made it a little wider. Material looks good. Guess I'll move forward with the second one tomorrow and see how it looks on. Most of our clothes are laid in the temporary packing room. It's hard to pack not knowing when I'll be back and what needs to be done at the house. Floor for new bathroom is suppose to be laid Monday. Then I have to scramble to get woodwork guy in so while I'm gone paint(who used to live here as a boy) paints ceiling and woodwork. I've already done walls. Then the plumber can finally come in to hook everything back up. It's exciting to have a daughter come back and live for a few months with her family. I've wanted to redo this bathroom for decades. Just the motivation my DH needed!!ImageUploadedByForums1440795686.565728.jpg.e621dbc4fe7b2fddd533edd33338966f.jpg

Edited by sunnydaygirl

sunnydaygirl: Whew!! You are one busy CCF! Coping with packing AND remodeling...but in a week, you will be away from it all:cool::)!

We're at 90 Days To Go. DH says I should wait till Sept 29 to start "The Process" (yes, he even calls it THAT;)).

With Labor Day weekend festivities and lots of September days at the Lake House, there won't be much time to concentrate on the Cruise Room before that.

Hurricane Erika did some damage to parts of Caribbean islands. Mother Nature can provide us with beautiful tropical areas...but also cause havoc with the weather there. I hope the damage can be repaired quickly.

sunnydaygirl: The straps look really good - like they were always there:)!

And be sure to let us know how the jewelry survives. Are you taking press & seal wrap for the return or will the same stuff?

Don't you love it when the only items on the To Do List are Hair and Nails!:cool:;)

Calling my name was an LBD and then a great color knit top.

The dress is by "Elle". Never heard of it so googled to find out. It's a brand from Kohl's and dresses sell in the $60 range.

This one has a lace top and peplum. The belt looks kinda cheesy up close...but quite passable when the dress is on.....

icon14.gif. That makes me a happy CCF!!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv336%3A4%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D373%3A%3B46687335nu0mrj

Just a bit of background. Elle was a "sporty" brand maybe a bit like Pineapple, when I was growing up in UK, they branched out into more "normal clothes, but it was always a good name and more expensive. It has become a but run of the mill now and you will see Elle socks/hosiery/brollies in the likes of Ross from time to time.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

sunnydaygirl: The straps look really good - like they were always there:)!

And be sure to let us know how the jewelry survives. Are you taking press & seal wrap for the return or will the same stuff?

Don't you love it when the only items on the To Do List are Hair and Nails!:cool:;)

That toiletry bag(hanging)is from Vera Bradley outlet. $22. This will be its first outing!! My BFF has used them for years.

It's silly how excited I am about that Press and seal. I'm not packing new. Hopefully I'll be able to re-use. If not, I'll have time to un-tangle when I get back.

The straps I tried many different ways. I've got extra pens in case I decide to also pin to dress in front only.

I may do nails in the am, although I really like to wait until the last min. We'll see!!! This time I'll try to take more clothes pics. It's hard when you're the picture taker. I'm not often in then.

CELTICGIRLCRUISER: Thank you for the info RE "Elle" black dress. It's always interesting to know the background of a label!;)

sunnydaygirl: I take most of the photos, too...so it's not always easy to get "fashion photos"! DH takes landscape & scenery mostly. He's in lots more pix since I tend to take more offbeat shots. We all like to see Outfit pictures, so hope you can get some!

QUESTION: We're fairly new to taking pictures with our iphones. Do you CCFs use a camera, phone or both? I'm thinking about using only my phone (and DH can use his) on The Next Cruise...

Edited by indiana71

CELTICGIRLCRUISER: Thank you for the info RE "Elle" black dress. It's always interesting to know the background of a label!;)

sunnydaygirl: I take most of the photos, too...so it's not always easy to get "fashion photos"! DH takes landscape & scenery mostly. He's in lots more pix since I tend to take more offbeat shots. We all like to see Outfit pictures, so hope you can get some!

QUESTION: We're fairly new to taking pictures with our iphones. Do you CCFs use a camera, phone or both? I'm thinking about using only my phone (and DH can use his) on The Next Cruise...

I generally use my tablet and then my phone but also take an underwater camera as that has the best flash for evening photography. I like my mobile devices for the ease of uploading the pictures instantly to social media etc. Being a huge foodie I confess I take food pictures more than I should and I was finding the phone wasn't bright enough at night.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I take my my phone. I find the newer ones offer great editing software for correction and lighting. But I also have a small digital camera for mostly night pictures or even video.

I take a higher end camera with me, but photography is something I enjoy doing. If the point of taking pictures is strictly for memories then a phone camera can do the trick. If you want beautiful postcard type photos to show off and admire then take a good camera.

I always take my camera. I just like the quality of pictures I get with the camera versus the phone.

My phone gets turned off and put in the safe when we leave port and doesn't come back out until we get back.

Hope everyone has a great evening,

Gerry

Both my cruises are with extended familys. And we'll have access to iconcierge and the hub. Phones will be used to keep track of each other and so much more!

Sunnydaygirl - Are iconcierge and the hub apps? Love, love your press n'seal idea with the longer necklaces! I can't wait to try it on our next cruise! I'm anxious to hear if it can be reused for the trip home! Have a wonderful time!

Cameras: I have an nice Olympus that I bring with camera bag & all. It's great for action shots and has a good telephoto lens. We also have a small waterproof olympus camera as well. Usually the phone is off & in the safe.

Sunnydaygirl - Are iconcierge and the hub apps? Love, love your press n'seal idea with the longer necklaces! I can't wait to try it on our next cruise! I'm anxious to hear if it can be reused for the trip home! Have a wonderful time!

Cameras: I have an nice Olympus that I bring with camera bag & all. It's great for action shots and has a good telephoto lens. We also have a small waterproof olympus camera as well. Usually the phone is off & in the safe.

Yes they are apps. I love the Hub for $5 and ready to try iconcierge for $7. Apparently it works for inter ship messaging and phone calls!!

The app charges show up on your S&S account.

The press and seal solved so many problems for me!! I'll let you know if I'm able to re-use for my return trip.

On my way to the airport!!!

I loved reading all the posts RE camera and/or phone for photos.

DH usually has the camera (Lumix that we purchased onboard a couple years ago) in his pocket...so Next Cruise I will carry my phone (for pix only!) and use the camera as back-up.

Thanks for all the comments:)!

My in depth review of press and seal!! Lol!! They traveled perfect. It was a little hard to separate the layers and the jewelry had a little stickiness when taken out. That disappeared tho. I would do it again for the one necklace I have that tangles no matter how I pack it, but probably not for the rest. My weekly pill dispenser worked great for small chains and most earrings. I was able to reuse it, tho it had a tear. And I didn't completely take it apart as didn't wear all the choices I took. As I do laundry I'm writing down what I wore so I can pack easily for cruise in October.

I loved the ropes course!!