inside staterooms on spirit???

queenbnpimpc

we are in the smallest one. i called the travel agent to see about upgrading but the price for an extra 14 square feet was outragous. i hear of people talking about they got a call offering upsells. im wondering how that works. we will have a great time regardless where we sleep....:rolleyes: this is my second cruise. our first was the week the swine flu came. the second day of the cruise we were told we could not go to mexico. the only port they were able to get us at was key west florida. im from new orleans. key west is like a upscale clean bourbon street. but at least we got to get off one day. im just so nervous about this one now.

We had an inside mids deck 9, one of those sideways rooms and loved it. There are lots of places on the Spirit to hang out and enjoy the views. The forward Spinnaker and aft of the cafe outside were favorites. The room was cozy to me, and we are used to balconys. It was close enough to the atrium that I never minded being in an inside cabin. I say save the $ for excursions and have a great time!

We have sailed inside cabins on deck 4,9, and 10 once in a o/v cabin on deck 6 on Spirit. All good cabins but deck 4 mid ship was by far the most quiet smoothest cruise ever.

We did Cozumel ( Nachi Cocum ) and Belize (Lamanai) in Dec On N.C.L. Sun weather was great we had a blast.

how was the boat itself? we are going to cozumel, belize, costa maya and roatan. how was the weather? we are cruising march 6th. just curious.....

Lots of great feedback here on the Spirit. Folks love it. Inside rooms are fine. Make sure you join your roll call and read some reviews.

we are right next to the medical center.

first cruise we were right next to the elevators. travel agent called to tell us she could try to get us a differnent room considering it might be too noisy or a very busy area. needless to say, there wasn't any other rooms avaliable. but it worked out perfect. we loved being right next to the elevator. wasnt noisy at all and we were able to walk right out our room and hop in. the rest of our party had to walk half a mile to get to the elevator. i did check in at roll call but they dont have many people checked in for our ship and date.

anyone been on the spirit recently and had one of the inside staterooms?

how was the boat itself? we are going to cozumel, belize, costa maya and roatan. how was the weather? we are cruising march 6th. just curious.....

I can't answer the question about the inside cabins except to say, there are a few of them that are quite large. Overall the cabins on the Spirit are on the tiny side. Other than that the ships is wonderful. It has a good crew, good food and very interesting decor.

We will be sailing her again in 10 days. The ports you are going to are among our favorites, if you like to enjoy the beach and snorkel you will be in 7th heaven. If shopping is your thing, the ports in Mexico and central America are not the same as the eastern Caribbean but there are some decent buys. We do not shop like we did 20 or 30 years ago, been there, done that. I do like to pick up pieces that are native to the country and usually come home with some fun jewelry, mainly earrings.

The best snorkeling will be in Roatan and Belize, plus, depending on the weather, Cozumel can have decent snorkeling. We haven't done the beach, snorkeling thing in Cosat Maya but have heard it isn't great. This visit 1/2 of our group will do the MayaChan resort and 1/2 the ruins.

Hope this helps you a little bit. Have a great cruise.

Nita

we are right next to the medical center.

first cruise we were right next to the elevators. travel agent called to tell us she could try to get us a differnent room considering it might be too noisy or a very busy area. needless to say, there wasn't any other rooms avaliable. but it worked out perfect. we loved being right next to the elevator. wasnt noisy at all and we were able to walk right out our room and hop in. the rest of our party had to walk half a mile to get to the elevator. i did check in at roll call but they dont have many people checked in for our ship and date.

Just keep watching the roll call, it should pick up. One of the problems with the roll call the week you are going is, the beginning of spring break and lots of people travel with families so they are not as interested in Roll Calls or they are college kids who could care less. Again, don't give up, keep checking and making comments, asking questions, etc. Roll calls and M&G are part of what makes the planning stage of cruising so much fun.

Nita

excursions we have booked are....

ROATAN - ZIP AND DIP WITH VICTOR BODDEN

COSTA MAYA - TROPICANTE BEACH REST. this one is free. you just reserve the beach loungers. (from the reviews i've seen this one, seems to be good. lounging on the beach, massages. you can go out and about and come back and still have your loungers reserved.

BELIZE - BARRIER REEF SNORKEL & BEACH BREAK

COZUMEL - WE DIDN'T BOOK ANYTHING, JUST GONNA WING IT.... SHOPPING, BEACH, CARLOS AND CHARLIES...ETC

ANYONE EVER DONE ANY OF THESE BEFORE? it doesn't take much for me and my husband to have a good time. we will enjoy ourselves regardless of where we are. we have 3 children ages 12, 6, and 9 months and haven't had any alone time in a long time. plus it will be our anniversary. :D

Have been on the Spirit twice and thoroughly enjoyed her. Both times, I had an inside cabin. the first time was on deck 4, room 4479. This is a huge over sized room at the very front of the boat on the outside. You can see from the deck plan how big this room is when compared to other inside cabins. The only problem I had with the room was the noise of the waves hitting the bow. I am a light sleeper and the noise annoyed me.

Last year, I was on deck 5 on the inside so didn't hear the waves. I would rather spend my money on the excursions than the rooms. You really don't spend much time in them anyway.

Did have a balcony on the NCL Sun. This again was not worth the money as I can see the same views from the upper decks.

Plan on going back on her in Nov.

excursions we have booked are....

ROATAN - ZIP AND DIP WITH VICTOR BODDEN

COSTA MAYA - TROPICANTE BEACH REST. this one is free. you just reserve the beach loungers. (from the reviews i've seen this one, seems to be good. lounging on the beach, massages. you can go out and about and come back and still have your loungers reserved.

BELIZE - BARRIER REEF SNORKEL & BEACH BREAK

COZUMEL - WE DIDN'T BOOK ANYTHING, JUST GONNA WING IT.... SHOPPING, BEACH, CARLOS AND CHARLIES...ETC

ANYONE EVER DONE ANY OF THESE BEFORE? it doesn't take much for me and my husband to have a good time. we will enjoy ourselves regardless of where we are. we have 3 children ages 12, 6, and 9 months and haven't had any alone time in a long time. plus it will be our anniversary. :D

we are using Vicotr but we are doing the beach, monkey farm, etc. From all I have read he is fantastic and the Zip lining awesome. I don't know about the rest.

Nita

Have been on the Spirit twice and thoroughly enjoyed her. Both times, I had an inside cabin. the first time was on deck 4, room 4479. This is a huge over sized room at the very front of the boat on the outside. You can see from the deck plan how big this room is when compared to other inside cabins. The only problem I had with the room was the noise of the waves hitting the bow. I am a light sleeper and the noise annoyed me.

Last year, I was on deck 5 on the inside so didn't hear the waves. I would rather spend my money on the excursions than the rooms. You really don't spend much time in them anyway.

Did have a balcony on the NCL Sun. This again was not worth the money as I can see the same views from the upper decks.

Plan on going back on her in Nov.

well, even though we are slightly off subject, I think the balc versus non balc is simply a matter of opinion. If the price is much higher I certainly agree with you, but for $50 or $100 per person I think the balc is worth it. Just to sit on the balc, have a drink of cup of coffee and watch the world go by: how sweet is that?

Nita

In Cozumel I'd recommend taking a walk through the national park (Chaknaab I believe it's called) just outside of town. You can get there with a quick taxi ride. It's a beautiful park and we saw those gigantic iguanas and went to a seal show where my daughter got her picture taken with the seal. There is also some great snorkeling. You can find more information here http://www.cozumelparks.com/index.html

We have this cabin booked in June. I am very excited about the extra space. The sound of the waves shouldn't annoy me too much; it will just remind me that we are finally on our cruise.:) Could you please tell me how the beds are arranged. It will be my DH, myself and our two DDs. Is there only one upper bunk? A trundle? I am so curious. My girls will argue over the bunk. I told them they will take turns. TIA.

List of the larger inside cabins -

Cabins 5035, 6035, 6535 are 200 sq. feet. Cabins 9207 and 9203 are 190 sq. feet. Cabins 9551, 9051, 10031, 10531 and 10611 are 175 sq. feet. Cabin 9703 is 160 square foot.

Darn it all to heck...the one I have isn't listed there!

Thanks for the list caribsun!

We did an inside cabin on the spirit repo to boston last year. 4 of us (2 kids) in 150 square feet.

Its tight but doable. For a weeks cruise its fine. If I was to do 12 nights again then I’d have to book a larger cabin.

You aren’t going to be spending much time in the cabin hanging out – but that’s fine because the spirit is a very good sized boat. Plenty of areas don’t get crowded. The observation area in Galaxy of the stars is very quiet during the day (until they get shows running etc). There are a couple of little alcoves hidden away by the atrium on deck 8 – very good place for people watching.

Also do check out the back of the ship – through the buffet and there is a very nice area to grab a drink and snack and relax back there – its 3 layered down to the kids pool and I never found any trouble getting a seat/ lounger.

As for the stops – at Costa maya I’d recommend going through the tourist trap at the port and heading down to the village ($3 cab/bus ride). Walk along the board walk until you find somewhere that catches your eye that you like.

We ended up at Pez Quattro - nice bar with swings at the bar and a few tables inside an at the beach. Free wireless, good priced food and drink plus easy to have a dip in the ocean. You can walk back through to the reception area they have and they’ll call you a cab back to the pier from there. Well worth it.

No, both of these are standard 149 sq ft cabins. After mid-April the larger cabins are reclassified as family insides and go for a higher price. Some are only about 10 sq ft bigger than standard, but some are about 100 sq ft bigger. You can click on the cabin number from the list to find out the sq ft.

Archived