Which waiter is which and other dining questions

kaseycamille

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I am a newb :)

As I've perused the boards I have noticed that there is a head waiter, regular waiter, maitre'd, etc. in the main dining room. How do you know which is which? If I have any dining or seating requests, who do I ask which questions to?

Also, I have read that if you have special requests (such as escargot every night ;) that you need to ask 24 hours in advance. We are on anytime dining. Is this still possible since we won't have the same wait staff every night? How would they keep track of our requests?

Finally, I would like to get a glimpse of all the menus the first day of the cruise so we can make plans for all of our meals. Who would I ask for this info?

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Kasey

Great question! I also would like to know this. We are doing anytime dining as well and have a daughter with a gluten intolerance. I already filled out the paperwork and faxed it in but since we'll have a different server every night how can we request something for the following dinner for her?

The Maitre d' Hotel oversees all dining operations on the ship and supervises all personnel in dining venues onboard.

Each dining room has Head Waiters who are in charge of a particular section of a respective venue and waitstaff therein.

At your table, you will have a primary Waiter who takes your order, serves your meal, etc. and a Junior Waiter who opens your wine bottle, clears plates, pours water, etc.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

On our last cruise on the Coral, the MD and the Headwaiter for the Anytime dining happened to be the same person, but the Coral is a smalle ship. For AD, it would be the Headwaiter of the Anytime dining room you are using whom you would confer with I would think?

The Maitre d' Hotel oversees all dining operations on the ship and supervises all personnel in dining venues onboard.

Each dining room has Head Waiters who are in charge of a particular section of a respective venue and waitstaff therein.

At your table, you will have a primary Waiter who takes your order, serves your meal, etc. and a Junior Waiter who opens your wine bottle, clears plates, pours water, etc.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I am a newb :)

As I've perused the boards I have noticed that there is a head waiter, regular waiter, maitre'd, etc. in the main dining room. How do you know which is which? By the clothes they wear. The waiters and junior waiters will not be dressed as fancy as the headwaiters who will not be dressed as fancy as the Matre d'. Also, there will be just one Matre d', a couple of headwaiters, and many waiters and junior waiters. Normally, the headwaiter for your section will stop by your table every evening to make sure things are OK.

If I have any dining or seating requests, who do I ask which questions to? If it is about special requests for food, the headwaiter. If it is about seating, the Matre d'. If it is about food on the menu that evening, your wwaiter or junior waiter.

Also, I have read that if you have special requests (such as escargot every night ;) that you need to ask 24 hours in advance. We are on anytime dining. Is this still possible since we won't have the same wait staff every night? How would they keep track of our requests? Yes, they will keep track by your cabin number. Just tell your waiter that you are in cabin xxxx and there is a special request that you should be served that evening.

Finally, I would like to get a glimpse of all the menus the first day of the cruise so we can make plans for all of our meals. Who would I ask for this info? If they are available (and they might not be), ask at the specialty restaurants (Sabatini's, Crown Grill (or equivalent)) as many people ask to see them in order to decide which evenings they prefer to dine in a specialty restaurant.

See above in red

Archived