QV Port time: what is a full day?

Debbers

We're on the 3/2 Panama Canal trip. Our cruise docs show we will be in Bonaire all day on March 15. Can someone enlighten me about the likely hour for departure? We want to schedule our own afternoon excursion but don't want to miss the ship! Thanks, all.

We're on the 3/2 Panama Canal trip. Our cruise docs show we will be in Bonaire all day on March 15. Can someone enlighten me about the likely hour for departure? We want to schedule our own afternoon excursion but don't want to miss the ship! Thanks, all.

Up until some time in the course of last year, Cunard actually used to publish the arrival and departure times in the itinerary. Then they stopped doing so and went for this rather daft "full day/half day" business. Sadly it's almost impossible to work out the times until you see the daily programme when you are on board. In general terms though, a full day in port usually arrives and early morning arrival (around 0600hrs) and an early evening departure (usually around 1700hrs). But this can vary enormously from port to port and will often depend on things like the state of the tide and the availability of pilots and so on. It might be worth having a quick look to see whether the port of Bonaire has a cruise ship schedule - you can often find the relevant times from sources like that.

J

I have found this website to be accurate most of the time-

http://cruisett.com/ships.php?ShipID=15&date=32

Also it helps to look on the Voyage Personaliser at the ship's shore excursions, by noting the earliest and latest tours, you can get some idea of the ship's actual times. Finally, some of the larger cruise booking websites list actual times but I am not allowed to post their names....

I got a copy of the Cunard notification from my TA. It included arrival departure times for each port.

Bonaire is scheduled for 8 AM to 6 PM.

More info in the roll call thread.

The cruisett info doesn't get updated very well when plans change - it still shows Curacao.

This lack of information is something that I would think passengers would provide feedback to Cunard on their post cruise critiques. I noticed this as a new to Cunard traveller and find it odd and not very helpful. If I was planning personal tours and wanted to meet friends in port which we sometimes do I would not be happy with this vague information.

A Cunard representative answered my email query with the information that the ship will leave Bonaire at 6 pm.

We received our cruise docs yesterday and I cannot see any time listed for embarkation in or, for that matter, departure from LA. Another email is in order, I guess.

Embarkation time should be shown on your E-Ticket, available via the Cruise Personalizer at Cunard.com.

Departure is 5 PM.

PS: Here are all of the times:

Los Angeles                               Depart 5:00P
Cabo San Lucas (tender)     Arrive  8:00A Depart 5:00P
Puerto Vallarta             Arrive  9:00A Depart 5:30P
Zihuatanejo (tender)        Arrive 12:30P Depart 6:30P
Puerto Quezal               Arrive  7:00A Depart 6:00P
Fuerte Amador (tender)      Arrive 12:30P Depart 7:30P
Canal (cruising)            Arrive  6:00A Depart 4:00P
Bonaire                     Arrive  8:00A Depart 6:00P
Fort Lauderdale             Arrive  6:00A

Have you found the roll call thread yet? It's here: