Love the Fascination Jan 27-Jan 31...first time cruiser review

momof4girls

Debarkation:

Once our number was called we took an elevator down to the Riviera deck. We were SO confused as to what to do next. It didn't seem very clear to me:o so it took us about 10 minutes to figure it out. We ended up just carrying our luggage down some stairs. Not sure there is an easier way?

Was Jen Baxter your CD?

Thanks for the review!! I'm in the final decision-making stage to set up our 2012 group cruise. We were going to do the Dream, but the price is SO much better on the Fascination, that we thought we'd get more people. So glad to see you had a blast!! What day are you going in Jan? We're looking at the 5 day on 1/21/12.

That's the same one we are doing! :)

Enjoyed your review and pics. We are sailing on her this summer. One thing though, I think the free drinks are only offered at the Farewell party on the last sea day not at the late night deck party.

The only "party" was the one they had on deck after we left Nassau. There wasn't a "farewell party" on the last sea day. :(

Was Jen Baxter your CD?

She was, and contrary to what I've heard others say, I did not mind her voice at all. Most of the time I could barely hear her on the speaker (I had to really strain to hear any of the announcements), and the only time I saw her was the 80's show on the last night.

The Farewell party isn't advertised very well. You should see it listed in the Fun Times under the afternoon section around 4 or 5 pm. It is listed as Fun Farewell Celebration in the Palace Theater. Also on the first day's Fun Times you might see it listed in the Looking Ahead section.

The Farewell party isn't advertised very well. You should see it listed in the Fun Times under the afternoon section around 4 or 5 pm. It is listed as Fun Farewell Celebration in the Palace Theater. Also on the first day's Fun Times you might see it listed in the Looking Ahead section.

You are 100% correct! My bad:o So it is an inside "party"? Like just music and drinks type thing? I will make sure to check it out on my next cruise.

LOVED the review!! We sailed on her and December and absolutely loved it. It is our new favorite ship :-) We booked a cruise on her again for May and are very much looking forward to it.

I like your idea to do a 5day and go to HMC - that's the one we are doing, and trust me you will love HMC. It's incredible.

re: Farewell party - The only one I've been to was on the Fascination. It was on the last night in the comedy lounge place and there was live music on stage with servers walking around passing out drinks. In fact, I've never seen so many free drinks being handed out! We had back ups on our table for when we finished the two in our hands, it was crazy. We had to leave some sitting on the table when it was over. Much more efficient than the past guest party.

Glad you had so much fun!!! :) Thanks for the pictures, they were great!

Archived