Don't get sick on carnival

apollobeach

It was stated that someone told you that you would be air lifted out? I am a little confused about this part. If they landed you at St Lucia, wouldn't you have flown normally home after the release from the hospital?

What did I miss here?

Being airlifted out and flying home commercial are two very different things, including an immense difference in cost. If you are airlifted you have medical care during the flight.

As a cardiologist, I can tell you that fainting not once but twice from atrial fibrillation is VERY serious. If I were the ship's doctor, I would recommend you be admitted to a hospital for monitoring immediately as well.

K

It seems to me that how anyone presents the pro or con arguments this nice man was probably given the best opportunity to save his life at the time and under the conditions that were presented. Given Kath00's description I am more convinced than ever that this man survived what could have been a bad ending. I lost a friend on a cruise and can tell you first hand that what is most impotant is the medical decisions made over an instance as has been described. I am just glad the OP is well enough to complain about Carnivals handling after he left the ship.

I am glad that a cardiologist added the inside perspective from the medical field to this as it should change the tone. Again, the OP is likely a very nice guy but that does not mean that ships do not have to deal with whatever serious condition they may be confronted with, nor does that mean they will necessarily hold our hands but they will make sure we get what we need as soon as possible, treatment.

Archived