Drink packages

LaWeezy

Here is a thread from another web forum site. Do you think NCL will ever do something like this? Sure would be nice!!! We can only hope!! :) This is regarding a question for all inclusive drink packages on Azamara cruises.

Here are the details for the drink package.

DRINK PACKAGE:

 The drink package (liquor, wine, beer, cocktails, etc.) will cost $ 39.00 per person per day.

 This price includes all items in each category that are listed up to $12.00.

 Any item above $12 would be available at 25% off (excluding wines on our wine list).

 The packages will be available starting Feb 15 on the Journey and Feb 19 on the Quest.

HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:

 Guests may buy the package onboard.

 Guests or our Travel Partners may pre-purchase the package by calling reservations; however, our technology department is still fine-tuning our reservations’ system so right now the program is not available through reservations.

 Important Note - the package must be purchased for the duration of the entire voyage.

 During the boarding process, guests will receive a new key card that identifies them to the entitlement of the drink package.

I will get back to you when the system has been modified to accept drink package reservations.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Man, I'd sure not want to sail on a ship where folks get unlimited booze. Good lordy. Maybe they calculated how much someone would have to drink before they passed out and couldn't drink anymore. I know people that could blow through that number in an hour (some post here too. lol)

NCL does offer an all inclusive group drink package, or at least they did last year. I'm sure someone will offer up the details. There have to be a certain amount of cabins, and everyone in the cabin must get the package.......and I don't think it includes the top shelf liquor. I don't recall the price, but it would probably reasonable for many people.....but many wouldn't drink enough to pay for the package.

Ok, so who has the details to share.....

Found this posted last December...

Alcohol drink packages are real, yes. You need to book at least 8 cabins and have 20 people over 21 years of age to be elgible. Everyone that is eligible MUST buy the package. The all-inclusive alcohol is $322, unless you are sailing between March 1- April 15. The cost in this date range is $355. There are various other packages as well, contact NCL Group Reservations for a complete list and rules. They can provide it for you.

That is the GROUP drink package and a certain number of persons (I think like 20 or 25) in the booked group have to sign up for it. The $39 daily charge must be paid for every day of the cruise.

So far as I know, NCL does have a group drink package.

Here's a link to NCL's group drink packages:

http://www.events.ncl.com/assets/documents/13780GroupBevProgrREV3.pdf

Here's an excerpt concerning the alcoholic packages:

The Freestyler’s - Only $46 per guest/per day*

When you don’t want to give it a second thought, choose The Freestyler’s – unlimited house and call brand spirits, domestic beer, house wine and unlimited fountain soda, at all bars, lounges and restaurants. The same at designated cocktail parties and on the private island when applicable. One plan, plenty of choices.

*Does not include room service, package sales, “take aways” and designated premium brands (subject to change), import beer, mini bar purchases, bottled water, specialty coffee beverages, or Red Bull energy drinks. A 10% seasonal premium will apply for the dates of March 1st – April 15th.

The Freestyler’s Premium - Only $56 per guest/per day*

If premium beverages are more your style, choose The Freestyler’s Premium – unlimited spirits from the most popular premium labels, domestic and import beer, house wine and unlimited fountain soda, at all bars, lounges and restaurants. The same at designated cocktail parties and on the private island when applicable.

*Does not include room service, package sales, “take aways” and designated super premium and ultra premium brands (subject to change), mini bar purchases, bottled water, specialty coffee beverages, or Red Bull energy drinks. A 10% seasonal premium will apply for the dates of March 1st – April 15th.

Viva Vino Wine Package - 20% discount on total purchase

If tasting a variety of different wines at every dinner is your preference, join the Wine Lovers and enjoy the experience of wines from different regions, countries and grapes every evening.

*Available only for purchase on board. Package requirements depend on the length of the cruise. For example, a 7 day cruise will require a pre-selection of 6 to 8 bottles.

And here are the all-important Terms and Conditions:

Terms & Conditions:

• All members of the group must be of legal drinking age. (Excluding Freestyle Refresh)

• Outside of US territorial waters (3 miles), minimum drinking age is 18 years old for Beer and Wine, with the written consent of a parent or guardian traveling on the vessel. Without written consent, then the minimum drinking age is 21 years old.

• While in US port or within the territorial waters of a US state, the minimum drink age is 21 years old.

• All prices are per guest, per day - subject to change.

• The Freestyler’s and Freestyler’s Premium must be purchased for ALL guests in a group.

• Twenty-guest minimum required (children under the legal drinking age do not count as part of the group).

• All prices are inclusive of gratuity.

• All prices and selections are subject to change, without prior notice.

• Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.

• Packages must be purchased for entire length of cruise.

I think Celebrity also offers a drink package. We all know NCL does it for groups but not all of us want to cruise with 20+ of our closest friends. We just want the convenience of not having to save all our drink receipts and then check for them on our account at the end of the cruise. I don't think putting together a few packages for single passengers is rocket science.

I know alcohol is overpriced on cruises, but having just returned from an NCL cruise, I wouldnt like to see this package offered.

All Inclusive brings an image of a resort based holiday where there is nothing much to do but laze in the sun - whereas cruising is a more active holiday with port visits.

What I would prefer to see is that NCL and other cruise lines bring down prices down and not charge a 15% surcharge, let us tip as/when we feel we have received good service.

What I would prefer to see is that NCL and other cruise lines bring down prices down and not charge a 15% surcharge, let us tip as/when we feel we have received good service.

Two points:

1) Never gonna happen...unless all cruise lines did it, which is never going to happen. It's a far too ingrained system.

2) Shouldn't happen - mainly because too many people would take advantage and stiff the staff, as with people who eliminate the DSC without good reason.

Read it once...can't find it again.....I did read (I think!?) about a smoothie package that you can buy? My 17 year old daughter would be interested (instead of soda for 7 days). If you know of it, do you know what kind of smoothies they serve? :rolleyes:

Read it once...can't find it again.....I did read (I think!?) about a smoothie package that you can buy? My 17 year old daughter would be interested (instead of soda for 7 days). If you know of it, do you know what kind of smoothies they serve? :rolleyes:

they have a coupon booklet for teens. 20 drinks coupons any drink non alcoholic. ask onboard. I forget the price but it never expires so if she doesnt use it this time you can keep it for further cruises on NCL.:D

Two points:

1) Never gonna happen...unless all cruise lines did it, which is never going to happen. It's a far too ingrained system.

2) Shouldn't happen - mainly because too many people would take advantage and stiff the staff, as with people who eliminate the DSC without good reason.

You really cant be serious can you ? So this member of staff at the bar who is already paid by NCL to serve drinks demands and gets a 15% tip for just removing a cap from a bottle.

The only people getting stiffed is the punter, who has already paid for this service.

You certainly have not paid the wait staff a significant salary with your booking. They work for peanuts and put in long hours at that. Almost all major cruise lines have a similar arrangement. This is the exact reason that the old individual tipping went away. A large number of folks looked at it:mad: like you do, "they get paid by NCL" and I'm not going to let them "rip me off" buy forcing me to tip. Or, "NCL should pay a good wage so I don't have to". If the wages ever go up to the level that is required on US flagged ships, none (most) of us would be able to afford to cruise.

Okay, back to my original question.......I know there are group pkgs., but why would they only offer a group pkg. I mean there are more than 20 people drinking on a cruise. Just offer anyone who wants to purchase a pkg the same deal! I don't get it. As for people overindulging, do you not think these people would anyway. I mean if you are going to drink too much, you are going to drink too much! :eek:

Okay, back to my original question.......I know there are group pkgs., but why would they only offer a group pkg. I mean there are more than 20 people drinking on a cruise. Just offer anyone who wants to purchase a pkg the same deal! I don't get it. As for people overindulging, do you not think these people would anyway. I mean if you are going to drink too much, you are going to drink too much! :eek:

I am guessing that the price of each individual drink will prevent the thought of drinking too much. However if you discount the product then people will have little reason to restrict their consumption. Whilst i am not agreeing that all would do this i suspect being in the middle of an ocean with even a few drunk passengers might be a recipe for disaster with the odd few failing off.

Your probably right. But it sure would be nice to have an all inclusive offer. But I can see why they don't I guess. Sometimes that is where they make most of their profit.

Sometimes? I would hazard to guess that it's one of their main sources of profit. The mark-ups (whether it's soda, beer, wine, hard alcohol, bottled water, even specialty coffees) are huge.

Archived