NCL cruisers

sandancer

I posted a question on the NCL forum and I now realise I will probably get a better response here as it is directed to UK NCL cruisers. Anyone ever been visited by the Upsell fairy? I read of people being offered a paid upgrade at a fraction of the original cost in the weeks leading up to sail date. Anyone had this opportunity in the UK. Thanks

Yes..... but it was a few years ago. We had booked the lowest of the low inside cabin on Norwegian Crown (Fort Lauderdale to Santiago). I called NCL about another issue and while talking to the representative she mentioned the possibility of an upsell to a midship obstructed view cabin for $11. I asked if this was pp per day and she laughed. $11 was the total!!!! Needless to say, I jumped at the chance and the cabin was lovely with only a small obstruction. That was the best bargain ever. We have cruise NCL 3 times since then and never had a similar offer. Our last 3 cruises have been in peak season though.

Good luck. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Silly question, but was this NCL UK?. I know it is possible for UK guests to book with NCL in the US and if that was the case you would get the same treatment as a US cruiser. I only ask because you mention $ and not £ which NCL UK would use. Thanks for your reply.

Archived