We're going to be in the Private Oasis!

Koshlong

I've been trawling through the pictures and descriptions of the Private Oasis on Half Moon Cay. It looks as if our roll call group will be there in March.

Any hints.......or more reasons to drool........would be much appreciated.

I'm not really good at mailing pictures.....:confused:....but maybe I'll improve if I take one of the techspert classes while on board. I believe they have one called "Insert photo here".:)

You will love it. We had it last year and it was great. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and it was a monsoon. I took lots of pics and this is the page where they start.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/577773729LWfJbg?start=300

The staff was great.

You will have to keep your eye out for folks who cannot read and try to use the slide. Have whoever booked it go to the shore excursions desk to go through any special requirements and what your booze/soda preferences are.

You don't have to bring your beach towels. They provide them.

You have a massage table but must book the massuse in advance. Not included with the Oasis.

Thanks, I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Wow, what a rainy day! I thought the ship would not stop at HMC if it were so rainy!

Tell me about how you enjoyed your day with the rain. It looked awfully wet even in the Grand Cabana.

Thanks, Kathy

You will love it. We had it last year and it was great. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and it was a monsoon. I took lots of pics and this is the page where they start.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/577773729LWfJbg?start=300

The staff was great.

You will have to keep your eye out for folks who cannot read and try to use the slide. Have whoever booked it go to the shore excursions desk to go through any special requirements and what your booze/soda preferences are.

You don't have to bring your beach towels. They provide them.

You have a massage table but must book the massuse in advance. Not included with the Oasis.

Thanks for the pics! I was wondering what the two blue clamshells on the beach were? Are those also part of the Oasis? I would also like to hear what your group did as far as tipping. We are supposedly going to have a cabana steward, chef, bartender, lifeguard, and butler. Did you tip all of them separately and if so, how much? One other question: Did you use the Ipod docking station for music and if not, was there other music available? Thanks for your help!

We travel with a group that has booked the Oasis for the last three years. We absolutely love it. We take the "basic" package withouth any upgrades which is fine for us. This gets us private use of the Oasis, full open bar with a bartender, BBQ lunch including steaks, ribs, chicken hotdogs, hamburgers etc. There is a hot tub, an Ipod Docking station and room to sit under the palapa or outside in the open. The fee includes snorkel equipment for the group, although very few in our group use it because we don't want to be away from the Oasis!

There are about half a dozen staff there (bartenders, servers, cooks) although some come and go. We try to find out who is in charge and speak to them about tipping. We usually give one large tip and ask them to distribute it. The first two years it was the Asst. Bar Manager on board who ran it, but this year we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam and it was the Tamarind restaurant staff.

In any event, it's a fabulous day-lots of food, all you can drink and fun with friends. Enjoy!

Thanks, I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Wow, what a rainy day! I thought the ship would not stop at HMC if it were so rainy!

Tell me about how you enjoyed your day with the rain. It looked awfully wet even in the Grand Cabana.

Thanks, Kathy

It was awfully wet there. It started pouring when we were on the tender over. The seas were not bad just the rain.

Thanks for the pics! Can you tell me how many staff were there? We are trying to budget the tipping into the amt we are telling our friends will have to pay for their share.

thanks ion advance!

baf

Thanks for the pics! I was wondering what the two blue clamshells on the beach were? Are those also part of the Oasis? I would also like to hear what your group did as far as tipping. We are supposedly going to have a cabana steward, chef, bartender, lifeguard, and butler. Did you tip all of them separately and if so, how much? One other question: Did you use the Ipod docking station for music and if not, was there other music available? Thanks for your help!

There was an ipod docking station. We had three ipods that we switched out during the day. The clam shells for rent to keep out of the sun.

We didn't have a lifeguard.

I think we had a staff of four. We had a bartender, cook, and two other staff. We collected $10 extra per person for tipping (we were a group of 14). I think we gave the bartender and cook each $40 and the other staff $30 each.

The staff was wonderful and it was a great experience. If the weather was better it would have been a perfect day.

Thanks, Hill6! I think we're looking forward to a terrific day! Now if we can just factor in some sunshine?

Did you take the fish pictures near the cabana? I'd like to try a little snorkelling, but I don't think I'll want to leave the Oasis for long, either.

Marnie

Thanks, Hill6! I think we're looking forward to a terrific day! Now if we can just factor in some sunshine?

Did you take the fish pictures near the cabana? I'd like to try a little snorkelling, but I don't think I'll want to leave the Oasis for long, either.

Marnie

I certainly hope you have sunshine. We are praying for it when we return there in May. There are 8 of the 14 of us from last year's Oasis renting regular cabanas this cruise.

The fish pics were taken right by the slide.

DD and I left long enough to make it to the Wish I Could Stay Here Forever bar when the skies opened back up.

We did go in the water for a while as we were already cold and wet and the water was warmer. LOL.

Thanks, again, Hill6. We had a clamshell last October when it rained all morning. You're right, the water did seem warmer than the air. It was fun to sit under our rainshade and watch the beach empty, except for one man, who just pulled a hat over his head and stayed put. We stayed and read, ate lunch, then it cleared and we had a beautiful afternoon. Unfortunately for them, many people had already returned to the ship.

I'll do a sun dance for you while we're at HMC, and I guess I'd better start thinking sunny thoughts for us now.

Marnie

Thanks, again, Hill6. We had a clamshell last October when it rained all morning. You're right, the water did seem warmer than the air. It was fun to sit under our rainshade and watch the beach empty, except for one man, who just pulled a hat over his head and stayed put. We stayed and read, ate lunch, then it cleared and we had a beautiful afternoon. Unfortunately for them, many people had already returned to the ship.

I'll do a sun dance for you while we're at HMC, and I guess I'd better start thinking sunny thoughts for us now.

Marnie

Thanks. Hope you have great weather too.

when are ya'll going? we have it reserved for may 30. also am doing the happy sun dance:)

baf

We'll be there March 19 (I think). We'll try to leave it standing for you..........and include you in our sun dance.

Marnie

I just booked it yesterday for Sept 1st. There will be 8 adults and 8 kids.

Hill6- I saw above that a lifeguard was not there when you rented it. is that the norm?? With 8 kids I sure hope we get a lifegueard. Any extra eyes are a relief for us!

What is the water like?? Deep or shallow? What about those water trampolines in the pics. Are they for us to use as well as the water slide? I guess what I am asking is if I should bring my two 7 year olds life jackets??

• 4 weeks later...

Archived