RCCL Air question for UK cruisers

If I book a "cruise only" online , can I phone RCCL UK at some time in the future and add flights? Will they charge a fee to alter the booking?

Similarily, if I book an inclusive fly/cruise, can I switch it back to cruise only?

Thanks

If the cruise is booked with RCI then yes, you can call them and add the flights. If you use an agent then you have to go through the agent

If you want to take the flights off it may cost you, they may charge £35pp admin fee or, if the tickets have already been issued then you have to pay the airline cancellation costs.

Sorry I don't know anything about the charges but just wanted to say that the just like the cruise the flight prices can increase dramatically.

For the first time ever we've used RCL for flights for our upcoming Transatlantic. We booked on the first day the cruise was released and were really happy with the flight prices (£460pp) for flights both ends and an overnight in Miami. Out of interest I checked the prices a couple of months later and flights were nearly £300pp higher.

If you're happy with the price it might be worth booking when you see it.

Julie

Thanks Albert and Julie,

We're thinking of a Serenade cruise from San Juan in March 2012. I really want to book early to get a good stateroom but can't compare RCCL charge for air/transfers/hotel (£935pp :eek:) with the independent options out there as it's too early. So am trying to work out what to do.

Thanks Albert and Julie,

We're thinking of a Serenade cruise from San Juan in March 2012. I really want to book early to get a good stateroom but can't compare RCCL charge for air/transfers/hotel (£935pp :eek:) with the independent options out there as it's too early. So am trying to work out what to do.

Wow £935 sounds expensive, I'm sure you could do better on your own. I think I'd just book the cruise and take a chance.

I was pleasantly suprised with the price we got because every other time we've asked RCL have been high. I must admit I was a bit worried about where they would send us but its turned out that we've only got one change at JFK so not too bad.

Julie

That does sound a lot. It does give you peace of mind. If you book through a ta they will give you a discount on the cruise and flight which will be at a better percentage than if you just book a cruise. Only you can answer tbe question of course you can add any thing. Look on a couple of search comparison sites ( another word for canoe being with K) then you can price it out yourself. Only then will you know if booking with the cruise company is what is best for you.Kimberley

I booked cruise only two years ago then I changed my mind about flights... I phoned back and it was none available flights for our cruise...

that was last year... we booked ourselves flight but I can see the flight price go higher now...

Up to you if you want go flight with cruise package or just book flight by yourselves...

I think there will be risky if flight and cruise separate... I hope our go smooth...

Scottishwee35

we have always used a certain ta tcook who are a prefered ta of rci and have always got the cruise + flights cheaper after all thier discounts than booking direct with rci and you still get all the rci transfeers just as if you booked with rci we have looked at booking cruise only and then addinig our own flights or using rci but it still works out more and more hassel I would rather have peace of mind and book it all in one:)

Nick

Archived