How Comfortable - Adult Sleeping on Sofa

afcj1

Just wondering, from an adults perspective, how comfortable you think the couch is to sleep on? I know that beds are like food;), very subjective, but I've got a 1A on the Magic, that I might be sharing with another adult. Sleeping on the upper, won't be an option.

Also, the steward makes it back into the couch in the morning, right?

Thanks in advance:)

Just wondering, from an adults perspective, how comfortable you think the couch is to sleep on? I know that beds are like food;), very subjective, but I've got a 1A on the Magic, that I might be sharing with another adult. Sleeping on the upper, won't be an option.

Also, the steward makes it back into the couch in the morning, right?

Thanks in advance:)

I have never slept on the couch myself but others say it is just fine and I really haven't heard any complaints about it . My son 5'11" 200 lbs slept on it and he said it was great.

It is put away daily and made up in the evening

I slept on the sofa and it was fine. It was basically the same as sleeping on a twin size bed.

The room steward will make it back the couch if you want them to. Just beware that the sofa is not like your traditional pull out sofa bed. All they do is pull off the cushions to make it into the bed. We always left ours as a bed since we really didn't need the couch for sitting (both of us just sat on our own beds when needed) but if you want the "couch" they will be more then happy to do take the bedding off on throw the cushions back on for you.

It sleeps nicely, even for a person of size(me);) But it is an odd sensation when the ship is rocking, instead of rocking side to side (based on most of the regular beds position) it rocked head to foot , just takes a little time to get used to and if its not too rocky you won't notice it much.

Perfectly comfortable!!! It's a bit lower to the ground... So if you have a hard time standing, or knee problem... If 3 inches lower matters... Then don't take the sofa...

We had the Steward leave it as a bed. He pulled the covers up and we still sat on it or our own beds!!! No problem. If you are four in the cabin and the bunk is over it... You won't sit on it as a sofa anyway...

I told my friend that I went on line to ask about the sofa and she laughed:) I told her that I'd sleep on it, so it shouldn't be a problem.

You know, a lot of folks love the Carnival beds but IMO, I don't think they're all that. The sofa will probably be a nice change:D

I slept on the couch on the Dream last year and it was comfortable. I was sailing with my 22 year old son and his girlfriend so even though I was paying...i felt they should have the actual bed. :) The Dream and Magic are of the same class so it should be the same- also- YES- it is made into a couch in the morning.

We had a girl's cruise the end of January, we were in a suite, there were four of us and we had two twin beds and a sofa bed. My sister and I shared the sofa bed. It was very comfortable. It reminded me of when we were children and shared a bed except I didn't wake up in the middle of the night all wet :rolleyes: Yeah my sister was younger and a bedwetter :mad:

The steward said that they could bring a cot in our cabin but it would be less room.

Don't think anyone would be uncomfortable on the sofa bed.

Archived