Does anyone know where the Inspiration docks in Cozumel?

crazycruzer68

Cozumel has three piers which serve cruise ships. Punta Langosta is in town while the International pier and the Puerta Maya pier are next to each other a few miles south of town.

The first two Carnival ships usually dock at Puerta Maya. If a third Carnival ship is calling that day it will dock at another pier. Royal Caribbean has priority at the International pier so their first two ships will fill those berths leaving Punta Langosta.

You can check the schedule at the Puerta Maya pier on their web site.

http://www.puertamaya.com/port-schedule.aspx

• 2 months later...

I had assumed that our Thursday Inspiration sailing would dock at Puerta Maya, though after checking the schedule at Cozumelinsider it would appear that Punta Langosta is likely in our future on Saturday. That schedule has the Inspiration incorrectly down for the 29th, which would be tough since we don't get there until Saturday (30th)!! On Saturday there are two other Carnival ships (Elation and Destiny) slated for Puerta Maya...

DARN, and Puerta Maya has the Pancho's Backyard we enjoy hanging out at (nothing like the downtown version)!

Tom

So here is my question (and sorry to go off topic), but in the case of the Dream for example, which is docked in Cozumel by itself (no CCL, RCL, or anything)....would it still dock 3 miles away? Or would it go downtown? I really like being downtown much better

IME, Carnival will dock at the pier they built...we were at Puerta Maya Pier on March 5th on the Inspiration..this is after seeing several sites post that we would be at the International AND Puerta Langosta....so pretty much just act surprised if you end up any where else!!

So the Inspiration could dock at Puerta Maya even though it's not listed along with the other two ships that are going to be there also? I know as time gets closer it will be listed on the Cozumel Insider. I can't find a schedule for just the Punta Langasta (sp?).

Cozumel Insider said we were at Puerta Langosta up until the last time I checked..probably 3 days before we cruised? We were sidled up against the Elation, and Navigator of the Seas was docked at the International. If I remember right, I think Destiny ended up downtown?

International pier is really close to Puerta Maya..it's JUST outside the gated dock area...easily walkable to/from International to the port area.

So the Inspiration could dock at Puerta Maya even though it's not listed along with the other two ships that are going to be there also? I know as time gets closer it will be listed on the Cozumel Insider. I can't find a schedule for just the Punta Langasta (sp?).

I think we are on the same cruise :) Leaving Tampa the 21st and in Cozumel the 24th?

If so, we are scheduled to dock at International.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont see our cruise ship at either ports. Guess I'll have to keep checking. We have a group of 7 women celebrating a 50th birthday and want to be close to the 'fun stuff' in Cozumel.

Not that it matters, but which port is better?

:)

So here is my question (and sorry to go off topic), but in the case of the Dream for example, which is docked in Cozumel by itself (no CCL, RCL, or anything)....would it still dock 3 miles away? Or would it go downtown? I really like being downtown much better

The Dream will dock in Puerta Maya. If there's a 3rd Carnival ship, it will dock at the International Pier. Punta Langosta is used primarily by NCL ships like the Spirit. On May 28th, for example, there are 4 Carnival ships in port, Destiny and Triumph at PM, Elation and Inspiration at TMM International.

I had assumed that our Thursday Inspiration sailing would dock at Puerta Maya, though after checking the schedule at Cozumelinsider it would appear that Punta Langosta is likely in our future on Saturday. That schedule has the Inspiration incorrectly down for the 29th, which would be tough since we don't get there until Saturday (30th)!! On Saturday there are two other Carnival ships (Elation and Destiny) slated for Puerta Maya...

DARN, and Puerta Maya has the Pancho's Backyard we enjoy hanging out at (nothing like the downtown version)!

Tom

Well, as it turned out... we ended up at PUERTA MAYA !!! WOO HOO!!

The Elation, which was "scheduled" to be at Puerta Maya was downtown - where we were slated to have been!

Tom

Archived