Are the massages worth it?

Hootsie

Just got off the Emerald and did a massage while on it.

They have a birthday special, or at least they did on the Emerald. It was 99.00 for a back massage, foot massage, scalp massage and hand massage. I am not a big fan of hand jobs (lol), so I asked her to spend a bit more time on my back and lower back, which she did.

It was one of the best massages I have ever had. She was doing a modified deep tissue, and she found every spot on my back that was bothering me, plus a few that I didn't even know were there.

check into the birthday special. It's a good price and a nice gift.

Dh and I had a couples massage on our last Sapphire trip. I must say it was wonderful. The sales pitch for the extreamly expensive lotions ect was awful. The tip she asked for was even worse. :eek:

They didn't even try to offer me a sales pitch, or ask for a tip. I gave her 20 % because she did a great job. Oh, and on cruises I always tip in cash, so they don't have to pool the tip.

No it wont- they will offer specials on every day, just different kinds- and have him do what i had my Dh do-- when it comes time for the sales pitch- just have him tell them that he cant buy anything or his wife will kill him!!

also if you purchase a treatment they will let you use the Thermal suite area as well for that day..

They wouldn't let me use the thermal suite after my massage :(

They wouldn't let me use the thermal suite after my massage :(

wow im really suprised!! it must be another one of those judgement call things- when i was on the Ruby in Nov i just came and went into the thermal spa as i wanted and the lady at the tip of the stairs never even checked to make sure i was supposed to be there!! i dont know if they were even checking anyone.

We always get a couples massage. We love it every time!

They do whatever you ask when they massage. For instance I dont like head massage with oil in my hair. So I say leave it off. Spend more time on my back. My only trouble is having to lay face down. With DD chest that is almost impossible for me to do. They try to prop me up with a lot of towels. But every time the massage was very good and very professional. Yes it cost a lot. But do it on a port day and the price is reduced. Its your vacation enjoy this special treat together!!!

Just say no to the products if they push them.

Archived