Taxis with Carseats?

LisaT91403

Has anyone ever found taxis with carseats in St. Thomas, St. Martin, or Nassau? If so, how did you go about finding them? Thanks!

I have never seen taxis with carseats and in fact some modes of transportation in these countries do not even have seat belts.

My son is 3 years old. I'm afraid that, even if I bring the seat, there will be nowhere in the vehicles to install the seat. I guess we'll just have to punt :-)

I have taken 3 cruises with my grandchildren and we just punt.

We were just in those three ports with our 3yo. We took water taxis in Nassau and St. Maartin, and installed the car seat in a taxi in St. Thomas. It wasn't a big deal, actually it was harder to find a three point seat belt for DS1 and his booster seat in the Orlando shuttles. Just make sure you know how to install the seat with the seatbelt, as vehicles may not have LATCH. For this reason, my favourite seats to travel with are made by Britax, as they have built-in locking clips.

My usual caveat to my car seat advice is that I volunteer as a car seat tech in Canada and I am rather obsessive about my children using proper restraints in vehicles.

My son is 3 years old. I'm afraid that, even if I bring the seat, there will be nowhere in the vehicles to install the seat. I guess we'll just have to punt :-)

We were just in those three ports with our 3yo. We took water taxis in Nassau and St. Maartin' date=' and installed the car seat in a taxi in St. Thomas. It wasn't a big deal, actually it was harder to find a three point seat belt for DS1 and his booster seat in the Orlando shuttles. Just make sure you know how to install the seat with the seatbelt, as vehicles may not have LATCH. For this reason, my favourite seats to travel with are made by Britax, as they have built-in locking clips.

My usual caveat to my car seat advice is that I volunteer as a car seat tech in Canada and I am rather obsessive about my children using proper restraints in vehicles.[/quote']

Where did you take the water taxi *to* in Nassau and St. Maartin? And where did you go in St. Thomas?

Thanks!

...we took a water taxi to a dolphin encounter, in St. Maartin we took the water taxi at the end of the pier into town. In St. Thomas we went to Coral World, but I thought the transportation included in the NCL tour was scary. It was a large pick-up truck, with the bed removed and replaced with benches. Apparently they seat about 25 people. Scared the living daylights out of me! There were lots of taxis at the pier.

Where did you take the water taxi *to* in Nassau and St. Maartin? And where did you go in St. Thomas?

Thanks!

Archived