Proof of past guest

bonniboo1

Any ideas...in 2002 my husband & I cruised on the Carnival Sensation in early January. I needed my past guest #. The searched for our information, however they could not find it. They wanted me to fax them proof that I was on the cruise such as my "Sink & Sail" card, or whatever you carry with you on board. Naturally I don't have any of that any more. I really would like to have that # so I can get return guest discounts & to get invited to any previous guest parties. Any ideas?:confused:

My first CCL was about seven or eight years ago and when I booked my second last year, I could not find my number but they could. I'm surprised they could not.

AND some ships don't necessarily offer past guest discounts as the new ES is their big deal. I would suggest they could find it if they wanted to.

if you register on the carnival site, then go to my profile, then click add beside past guest. it will prompt you to put in a birthdate and zip code i believe. i think when you register though all your info has to be the same as the last time for it to work. hope this helps!

The search database is very specific. Have them search with no first name, and use last name only for that specific sailing. They should be able to find it.

For example : Jane Doe, could be listed as Mrs. Jane Doe or Mrs Jane Doe (without the .) or Ms. Jane Doe ... so many possibilities.

Any ideas...in 2002 my husband & I cruised on the Carnival Sensation in early January. I needed my past guest #. The searched for our information, however they could not find it. They wanted me to fax them proof that I was on the cruise such as my "Sink & Sail" card, or whatever you carry with you on board. Naturally I don't have any of that any more. I really would like to have that # so I can get return guest discounts & to get invited to any previous guest parties. Any ideas?:confused:

We went through the same thing too, looked and looked for something..we have moved into quite a few homes so it wasnt easy, as we took our first carnival cruise in 1976 when we got married..hubby decided to go through *stuff* and after a few days, he came up with our seating number and the reciept for some alcohol that we bought (I wasnt old enough to buy liquor) so if he had not found it we would have to have gone on one more carnival cruise to get our vip. Look everywhere you can think of and you just might find it! Good Luck

The search database is very specific. Have them search with no first name, and use last name only for that specific sailing. They should be able to find it.

For example : Jane Doe, could be listed as Mrs. Jane Doe or Mrs Jane Doe (without the .) or Ms. Jane Doe ... so many possibilities.

Also the zip code lived at at that time

It is crummy that it did not just come up. You have to still be in their database. The suggestions I have read from others sound like they would work like the picture or the zip code of where you lived. Another thing you might try is calling that pvp and seeing what else they can do to assist you. I know that sometimes I have to keep asking for help until I get to the right person. You are in their database just keep working until you get to that past guest number.

When I went to book my second cruise, Carnival could not find a record of me sailing 7 years before.

After making them look several times they finally found me. They looked it up by my old address. They had my birthday wrong by one year originally. Even though I live in a very small town, am the only person with this name here and only moved 2 miles, they still couldn't find me. :mad: My persistence paid off.

It is crummy that it did not just come up. You have to still be in their database. The suggestions I have read from others sound like they would work like the picture or the zip code of where you lived. Another thing you might try is calling that pvp and seeing what else they can do to assist you. I know that sometimes I have to keep asking for help until I get to the right person. You are in their database just keep working until you get to that past guest number.

Actually with my beating around the bush answer I should answer what I would do if they could not help. I would go on John Heald's DB page and ask if there is anything else I could do or try. I know he is not the end all but he always seems willing to help.

Be very persistant! I have a "Mc" last name. So I had to have them check with a space between, big C or little c, capital letter after the Mc or lower case. Funny they had all of Carol's cruises, but none of mine. I was on four of Carol's! :confused:

However, after it was accomplished they wasted no time getting all of my information posted :D

I had sailed with Carnival back in the 80's and then not again until 2008, my TA sent in some pictures we had on the first cruise and they gave me the past cruiser benefits even though they had no record of me in their database. Worked for me!! :)

Do you have anything to prove you sailed? A credit card statement showing payment to them? Or, a cancelled check? A photo taken by a photographer (like the one when first boarding showing the name of the ship)...

How about the booking number from your cruise....

You'll need some proof that you were on that ship on that date and cruise. They won't take your word for it.

To prevent this happening in the future, set up a profile on their website....that will keep track of your cruises......

Hmm, I wonder if they can find my past guest number...My last CCL cruise was in 1982.

HA!!!

I had a whole series of Carnival cruises back in the 80's but only had "proof" for 2...a boarding pass (which they used back in those days) and an invitataion for the Inaugural cruise of one of their new ships..and, thankfully, a picture of our table taken during that cruise.

I sent those items and they were able to give me credit for those 2. However, somehow, when they were verifying those, they managed to come up with 6 more....including the inaugural of their "Fiesta Marina" which I had totally forgotten about.

It wasn't all of them...but was pretty good, I thought.....:D

• 2 weeks later...
if you register on the carnival site, then go to my profile, then click add beside past guest. it will prompt you to put in a birthdate and zip code i believe. i think when you register though all your info has to be the same as the last time for it to work. hope this helps!

I, too, am looking for my past guest number. When I put in my birthday and zip code I get the response: "Past Guest Number found has already been associated with a user."

Where should I go from here? Is there a number I can call?

Our first cruise was in 1990. They accepted our "welcome aboard" picture they took of us as we were getting on as proof of the cruise. But that was only for credit towards VIP status. They would not be able to find your past guest # for it. If you are only trying so that you can get past guest fares, don't bother, the early saver rates are better than the past guest rates (which is a bad thing.)

Archived