Priceline and the Hyatt Pier 66

zurmolly

OK...I was actually fortunate enough to be one of the many lately to get the Hyatt Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale...I got mine for $80/night, which seems to be the going rate, for 4/17-4/19...put in Fort Lauderdale Beach, 4 star hotel...and your price...and you can only hope that it will be the Hyatt pier 66...you may get something else...that is the thing with Priceline...they don't give you the name of the hotel that excepted your price til after...it is the luck of the draw...but regardless I've always been happy...a 4 star hotel is a 4 star hotel. Good luck...let us know how you make out!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until my Majesty of the Seas cruise!

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

Hi Z...your secret is safe with me icon_wink.gif...lets just hope a lurker doesn't see it LOL....

Anyway..the hotel is very nice!...I never used the pool...but next door is the dock for the water taxiicon_smile.gif. I took it over to Las Olas where I found one of those funky little restaurants and had a marvelous lunch outside. The place is called Cafe Blu...file that awayicon_smile.gif. I know there are more famous places but this was excellent icon_biggrin.gif.

I met 4 friends for dinner pre-cruise. We ate at "Bravo"...which is just over the bridge in a strip mall called "QUAY". I have eaten there before both of my FLL sailings......would go back in a heartbeat! Its Italian and fantastic!

See you on the BBicon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

Here are a couple of bidding tips to help in your success at gettng the Hyatt Pier 66.

When bidding on Priceline the Hyatt Pier 66 is the only 4 star in the Ft Lauderdale Beach zone. Other Priceline hotels in this zone include:

Resort - Marriott Harbor Beach Resort

3* - Doubletree Oceanfront, Doubletree Suites Galleria, Sheraton Yankee Clipper, Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale Beach.

When booking through Hotwire the Hyatt Pier 66 frequently comes up as a 4* hotel in the Ft Lauderdal beach zone. You cna look at the amenities for the 4* hotels that come up and easily identify the Hyatt Pier 66 by the "Spa" icon. The other amenities are: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Golf Course Nearby, Tennis Court Nearby, (and Spa).

Good luck and happy bidding!

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05

Dawn Princess - 10/04

Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)

Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)

Island Princess - 05/04

Grand Princess - 10/03

Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)

Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

The Hyatt has a GREAT revolving bar on top that does one revolution every 66 minutes. The pool is very lush with many tropical plants and faces the intercoastal waterway. I am staying there 4/23 pre-cruise. Got it for $80 on Priceline plus taxes and fees.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zurmolly:

Is it nice, Lois? Nice pool? a BAR??????? icon_biggrin.gifPlannig on a few days there..Going to try the Carribean Princess in Feb instead of the Millie. Don't tell on the other board... icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve Hayes

Archived