Pot smell in hallway one night

oratheeexplorer

I do find depressing your notion that facts and logic will never change anyone's mind (about this, or anything).
I'd guess that just about everyone posting on or reading this thread has their own opinion. Facts are often interpreted through one's own perspective. Even statistics can be interpreted in a number of ways. Like religion and politics, people take sides and are hard to convince to change their opinions.

Well, since traces of cocaine are found on half of US paper money, and since I don't have a job that drug tests, if you PM me for my address I'd be happy to take all that contaminated money off your hands. :)

Make light about it if you want but my position is what it is. Better yet send yours to me and I will arrange for it to be destroyed so no one else can get their hands on it.

Use it around me and and I will report it. Like has been said by many - "Don't do the crime if you can not do the time" My next cruise is on *&^&(*). Only you can decide which one I am on or someone else that will call security. It is your choice. I will lose no sleep over my actions.

Make light about it if you want but my position is what it is. Better yet send yours to me and I will arrange for it to be destroyed so no one else can get their hands on it.

Use it around me and and I will report it. Like has been said by many - "Don't do the crime if you can not do the time" My next cruise is on *&^&(*). Only you can decide which one I am on or someone else that will call security. It is your choice. I will lose no sleep over my actions.

When I read comments such as "don't do the crime if you can not do the time" as it relates to pot smoking, it does make me believe we really do need to decriminalize pot--for sure. What is the "criminal" element in smoking it? Haven't heard too many crime stories where the robber was high.

Unless you are a FBI agent, is it really your business to call security if you smell stuff. Boy, I bet your kids would be proud of you for calling security because you smelled something funny down the hall.

Wait until big brother gets way worse and someone can call the cops when they see someone go through a stop sign. Get it on a cell phone, turn in the video and WHAMO, a big fat ticket comes in the mail! It is criminal to go through a stop sign, right?

I asked a group of my coworkers today if they smelled pot in a cabin on a cruise ship, would they call security. The workers were aged from 40-60...about a dozen of them. Every one busted out laughing (not kidding) and said, "oh my...there are worse things to worry about that some joker lighting up a joint..." You kind of wonder how many of them have adult kids that smoke it or neighbors that have it for true medicinal purposes. I was very glad to hear how they responded. Perhaps some of them acted from peer pressure....but regardless, it was an overwhelming ABSOLUTELY NOT.....none of my business type response. Whew....thank goodness.

If an individual doesn't like a law, he can do everything in his power to lobby for its repeal. However, while it is a law with penalties for breaking it, he would have to suffer the consequences of his actions should he choose to break it.

If you choose to stay in your home and fry your brains on pot, go for it. But the ship is not your home and if you use pot and I can smell it, I will call security.

Archived