Ordering in MDR

On past sailings on NCL, we have always ordered the entire meal (apps, entree, dessert) together at the beginning of the meal. This has always made sense to me because your waiter doesn't have to keep bringing the menu back between courses, and I don't have to remember what it was I wanted to order.

I read something on these boards that made it sound like RCI doesn't do it this way. Is that true?

one tip. You can order more food or extra entrees, appetizers and desserts throughout the meal, as we often do. You don't have to order everything at the beginning althought that obviously makes it easier for the servers and the kitchen. Basically, we turn the MDR into an "all-we-care-to-eat" dinner, although we try not to waste food. Have fun.

On our recent cruise on Serenade, the dinner menu shows the full selection of apps & entrees but there is only 1 dessert listed (under the "Chef's Choice" section, or whatever it's called). The full dessert menu isn't offered until after dinner is cleared away.

Archived